The aim of the DAAD Re-invitation programme is to enable former scholarship holders to carry out research and working projects in Germany and to maintain contacts as part of DAAD’s global alumni network.
Application Deadline: 4th March 2023
Selection date in July 2023. Start of funding from September 2023.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Germany
Eligibility of DAAD Re-invitation Applicants:
- Former holders of DAAD research grants or study scholarships, who were funded for over six months
- Applicants must have returned to their home country at least three years previously.
- The research or working project must be coordinated with a cooperation partner in Germany.
What can be funded?
- Research and working projects at state or state-recognised institutions of higher education or non-university research institutes in Germany
- Working stays at an institution in business, administration, culture or media for former scholarship holders who work outside the science sector.
- A research or working visit can also take place at several host institutions.
- Funding may only be claimed once within three years.
Selection Criteria: An independent selection committee reviews applications.
The most important selection criteria are:
- Academic achievements and, if applicable, publications, which must be documented in the curriculum vitae and a list of publications
- A convincing and well-planned research or work project
- In the case of working stays outside the science sector, particular attention is paid to the following questions:
– Will the stay in Germany have a sustainable effect on your professional activity?
– Can you expect it to have multiplier effects, for example, in the form of planned publications?
– Will your stay in Germany promote existing cooperations?
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of DAAD Re-invitation Award:
- Monthly payments of
2,000 euros for assistant teachers, assistant professors and lecturers
2,150 euros for professors
Monthly payments for former scholarship holders who work outside the science sector will be calculated based upon their qualifications accordingly.
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another funding source.
- Other payments cannot be made.
Duration of DAAD Re-invitation Programme:
- One to three months; the grant length is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant’s work schedule.
- The grant is non-renewable.
How to Apply: The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD portal. Access to the DAAD portal opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline (see above).
Visit Programme Webpage for Details