Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) Africa Entrepreneurial Training Programme for African Entrepreneurs 2019
The Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) is looking for techies and entrepreneurs to join their next group of trainees.
Application Deadline: 8th February 2019
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): Accra,Ghana.
About the Award: The programme aims to provide its trainees with hands-on software development training, an opportunity to start and grow their own business with access to global markets, as well as mentoring from executives from global software companies and the opportunity to solve real-world business problems.
This campaign falls in line with MEST’s plan to create a pan-African network which will pool the collective talents of entrepreneurs and techies alike. The campaign will also seek to increase the number of entrepreneurs by empowering young Africans while increasing investment eligibility throughout Africa.
Type: Entrepreneurship, Training
Eligibility: To be eligible for the programme, applicants need to meet the following requirements:
- From an African Country.
- A deep passion to start a software company.
- Proven record of entrepreneurial and/or corporate work experience.
- Strong social and communication skills.
- An energetic, positive attitude and ability to work well in a team.
- Ability to commit a year in Accra, Ghana participating in the training program starting August 2019.
Number of Awards: 60
Value of Training:
- This cohort of MEST trainees will also be eligible to receive seed funding of US$50 000 up to US$100 000.
- The entrepreneurs-in-training (EITs) accepted into the programme will receive a number of benefits. Namely, they’ll receive housing accommodation for a year in Ghana, three meals a day as well as a small monthly stipend.
Duration of Training: 1 year
How to Apply: Anyone who would be willing to apply can do so here.
Award Provider: MEST