AppsAfrica Innovation Awards 2020 for Innovative African Mobile and Tech Ventures
The AppsAfrica.com Innovation Awards celebrate the best in mobile and tech from across Africa supported by Mobile Monday South Africa and Mobile Ecosystem Forum (MEF) and are now accepting entries for 2020.
Application Deadline: 10th November 2020
Eligible Countries: African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Africa Tech Summit Kigali, Rwanda.
About the Award: The AppsAfrica.com Innovation Awards identify and celebrate the leading African innovations from across the continent, providing winners with global publicity across multiple channels, recognition and networking with 300+ industry peers and investors at the Awards party.
Categories: There are 12 categories. Applications are welcome from mobile or technology ventures with services launched in at least one African market for the following award categories;
- Disruptive Innovation Award: Business models are being disrupted across the continent using technology and innovation. This award seeks to recognise the disruptive innovations and new business models that are changing Africa. Entries open across all sectors.
- Health Tech Award: This award celebrates the use of technology to improve health services in Africa. Entries may include a new service, device, software, hardware or use of apps, SMS, IVR or social media.
- Best African App Award: This award recognises the best applications successfully launched on any platform to target African consumers or businesses. Entries are welcome across all sectors and platforms.
- Cyber Security Award: This award celebrates companies that have successfully implemented ground-breaking security services protecting data, workloads and systems for individuals and organizations across the continent. Entries welcome from innovative ventures and mobile services in any sector across Africa.
- Blockchain Award: Few technologies have received as much attention in Africa as blockchain over the past year. This award will recognise initiatives that are utilising blockchain technology to increase the speed, efficiency, accuracy, transparency or cost-effectiveness of any sector in Africa.
- Media & Entertainment Award: Mobile news and entertainment is now a burgeoning industry across Africa. This award seeks to recognise the best news and entertainment innovations. Examples include music, literary, gaming, children’s entertainment, lifestyle and video.
- Educational Award: Delivering education has many challenges in Africa. This award recognises services which are striving to improve education by utilising mobile or other technologies.
- Fintech Solution Award: This award recognises the best fintech innovation including digital currency, bitcoin, mobile money, wallets, P2P, money remittances & transfers, point of sale or funding platforms.
- Agri & Foodtech Award: This award recognises the best tech innovations driving agriculture across the continent. This includes but is not limited to hardware, software, drones, big data, IoT services, mobile services or any technology supporting farmers, improving yields or supply chains in Africa.
- Social Impact Award: This award recognises an inspiring use of technology that has a positive social impact for an African community while contributing to economic and social development.
- eCommerce Award: This award is dedicated to celebrating the new wave of mobile commerce initiatives across Africa. Entrants might include online platforms, retail brands, portals, apps, classifieds, comparison sites and many more driving mCommerce across Africa.
- Mobility Award: This award seeks to recognise the leading ventures using technology such as hardware, software, robotics, drones or innovative mobile services that improve mobility, logistics or supply chains in an African market.
- The Appsafrica.com awards celebrate the positive impact in 12 categories from ventures who can clearly demonstrate innovation using mobile or technology to meet the needs of any African market.
- The awards are open to all individuals or entities who can clearly demonstrate suitability for the categories entered.
Selection: Applications will be assessed by a team of expert judges who are selected based on their knowledge, influence and contribution to the improvement of technology and business in Africa.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Award winners benefits include;
- AppsAfrica.com Innovation Award
- Global exposure across multiple media channels
- Exhibition space at Africa Tech Summit (ATS) 2021
- 2 x delegate passes to ATS 2021
- Global online publicity on AppsAfrica.com
- One years MEF Membership (one overall winner selected by MEF)
- Online publicity in MEF global newsletter
Timeline of Program: Shortlisted finalists will be announced in December 2020.
How to Apply: Enter your submission in your preferred category.