The AfyaBora Fellowship in Global Health Leadership works to fill an identified gap in training for African and U.S. health professionals. This innovative 9-month fellowship will prepare African and U.S. health professionals to lead and manage major health programs in African countries.
Application Deadline: 9th October 2020
Eligible Countries: Botswana, Cameroon, Kenya, Tanzania, or Uganda
About the Award: The 9-month training program has two components:
- Distance learning modules
- A mentored, project-based assignment to an attachment site at academic, local government, or non-governmental health organizations in partner African countries
Eligibility: In order to be eligible to apply all applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Botswana, Cameroon, Kenya, Tanzania, or Uganda
- Meet ONE of the following education requirements:
- Medical applicants need to have a M.D. or MBChB with a MMed or Master’s degree in related field.
- Nursing applicants need to have a Master’s degree in nursing, public health or a related field (PhD preferred), or substantial work experience.
- Other public health professionals (those without a clinical degree) must have a Doctoral degree in public health or a related field.
Number of Awardees: 20 approximately
Value of Fellowship: The Afya Bora Fellowship will provide the following to each African fellow:
- A monthly stipend.
Duration of Fellowship: 9 months
How to Apply: Apply below
Visit Fellowship Webpage for details