University of West London PhD Scholarships 2020 for Nigerian Students
Applications are invited from Nigerian citizens who wish to undertake a 3-year full-time PhD course in the area of demographic ageing, healthy ageing, gerontology, and elderly care management in Nigeria.
Application Deadline: 31st October 2019.
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be Taken at (Country): UK
About the Award: This scholarship is supported by a collaborative research initiative between the University of West London (UWL), UK, and the Federal Ministry of Health of Nigeria in the context of the HEPIQ-C project. The candidate will be expected to enrol as a UWL research student in January 2020 and will be based in the UK for the full duration of the research.
Eligibility: Applicants will need:
- a good first degree (first or upper second class) in the field of health or social sciences;
- a Masters degree (MA, MSc, MBA or MRes) with merit or distinction;
- an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) with a score of 6.5;
- to be a Nigerian citizen;
- to have a strong commitment to improving Nigerian health and wellbeing both during and after the PhD.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The scholarship includes:
- PhD fee waiver at the international rate
- Tax-free stipend of £15,000 per annum.
Duration of Award: 3 Years
How to Apply: To apply, you need to submit the following documentation to [email protected] using the heading “PhD Scholarship in Health and Ageing”:
- international student application form;
- research proposal in the region of 1000-1500 words;
- a sample of any publications;
- a personal statement which explains why you are interested in the scholarship
- transcript of your highest qualification;
- evidence of your IELTS score.
Read further information on the entry requirement and how to apply here.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.