Facebook Community Challenge for Developers Worldwide (USD $25,000 Prize) 2019
Developers are invited to compete locally within one of the seven outlined regions of (i) North America, (ii) Latin America, (iii) the Asia Pacific, (iv) India, (v) Sub Saharan Africa, (vi) Middle East/North Africa, and (vii) Europe. Each of the regional winners will continue to the next phase of the Global Challenge.
Application Deadline: 20th September, 2019 2pm PST.
Eligible Regions: 7 regions:(i) North America, (ii) Latin America, (iii) the Asia Pacific, (iv) India, (v) Sub Saharan Africa, (vi) Middle East/North Africa, and (vii) Europe.
About the Award: To enter this challenge, use at least one Facebook developer product to build applications that help bring communities together. You might decide to craft an awesome Messenger experience, help community leaders strengthen and grow their audience, or integrate your own technology with Facebook’s large reach.
In addition, bonus prizes are available for exceptional solutions that fit into the community categories that (i) bridge on and offline experiences, (ii) build and grow community, or (iii) drive engaging communities.
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community. We know that innovation can come from people of all backgrounds, from all kinds of places. So, we want to invite you, developers, to join us in this journey by building software applications that strive towards this mission.
Type: Entrepreneurship, Contest
- Build software applications that help bring communities together and use at least one Facebook developer product.
- To compete for optional bonus prizes, developers are invited to build solutions across one of the three community categories (i) bridge on and offline experiences; (ii) build and grow community; and (iii) drive engaging communities.
Value and Number of Awards:
- First Place – Global Round: $25,000 USD
- Second Place – Global Round: $15,000 USD
- Third Place – Global Round: $10,000 USD
- Best Pre-Existing, Updated Solution – Global Round: $7,000 USD
- First Place – Regional Round (7): $5,000 USD awarded in each region
- Second Place – Regional Round (7): $3,000 USD awarded in each region
- Third Place – Regional Round (7): $1,500 USD awarded in each region
- Best Pre-Existing, Updated Solution – Regional Round (7): $2,000 USD awarded in each region
- Bonus Prize: Best solution to Bridge on and offline experiences: $10,000 USD
- Bonus Prize: Best solution to Build and grow community: $10,000 USD
- Bonus Prize: Best solution to Drive engaging communities: $10,000 USD
How to Apply: Submit the Following:
- Demo video. (hosted on YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku). Your video should be around 2 minutes, including a demo of your working application via a step-by-step visual demo, and be available in English. Be sure to explain how the Facebook products used enhances the experience of your solution!
- Images. Please submit at least one image/screenshot of your application.
- Access. A way to access your working application for judging and testing by providing a mobile test build, a link to a live website, or a demo site where the application is deployed.
How to Enter:
- Register for the Developer Circles Community Challenge here.
- Join the Developer Community Challenge Facebook Group here.
- Join your local Developer Circle to collaborate with other developers.
- Check out the Facebook tools you can build with on the Resources tab.
- Create a two-minute demo video that demonstrates your solution’s features and functionality.
- Submit your project to the Challenge website by September 20, 2019, 2pm PST.
We can’t wait to see what our global developer community builds! #DevCChallenge
Award Providers: Facebook