Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD) Innovative Startup Pitching 2019
JICA and UNDP are pleased to inform that at TICAD, the two organizations will host selected startups from Africa to stage their business models during the side-event. A call for applications is now open from eligible startups with following conditions and details;
Application Deadline: 31th May 2019 11:59pm (JST)
Eligible Countries: African countries
Pitching Date and Venue: Friday, 30 August 2019 at Pacifico Yokohama, Yokohama-City, Japan
About the Award: At the occasion of TICAD 7, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) will jointly prepare a pitching stage for eligible startups from African countries.
- Business Category:
TECH startup with innovative solution to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Year of Establishment:
Established in 2018 or earlier
- Funding Stage:
Proof of the past funding – Has ever raised over USD 50,000 funding
- Business Location:
- HQs is based in African countries
- Products/Services have been launched in African market
- Other necessary points:
- Passion/Will to acquire relation with Japanese investor(s) and/or partner(s) through participation to this pitch event in TICAD7
- Available to stay in Tokyo/Yokohama from 28 August to 31 August.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- The selected finalist(s) will be invited to TICAD 7 for the pitching on the stage in front of potential investors/partners gathered from multiple countries.
- Air tickets and accommodations for one personnel from each company will be covered by JICA/UNDP.
How to Apply: Sign up with Google Form: HERE
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this TICAD opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.