Stanford University Leadership Academy for Development (LAD) 2019 for Mid-career Ethiopian Professionals (Funded)
The Leadership Academy for Development (LAD) is an executive-level training program that trains midlevel government officials and business sector leaders from developing countries to help the private sector be a constructive force for economic growth and development. The Leadership Academy for Development (LAD) program is offered in partnership with Stanford University’s Center on Democracy, Development and the Rule of Law (CDDRL), the Center for International Private Enterprise, and the Center for Federal Studies at Addis Ababa University.
Application Deadline: 24th May 2019
Eligible Countries: Ethiopia
To be taken at (country): Bishoftu, Ethiopia
About the Award: “The Role of Public Policy in Private Sector Development” workshop is an intensive five-day executivelevel training program that will teach selected participants how to be effective reform leaders, promoting sound public policies in complex and contentious settings.
The LAD Program in Ethiopia will be led by Francis Fukuyama, PhD and Roger Leeds PhD. During the five-day intensive program, participants will acquire an analytical framework necessary for promoting private sector growth through public policies. Students will learn how to be successful reformers and leaders by analyzing stakeholders, sequencing actions, managing conflicts, and building coalitions. In order to do so, policymakers must have a solid grasp of country-specific economic, financial, political and cultural realities.
Eligibility: Participants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Experience in the field of political science, economics, social science, or international economic relations;
- Applicants should be mid-career practitioners, with at least five years or more of working experience;
- In their present capacity, applicants should play important and influential roles in their country’s political, economic, and social development. Applicants can be working as policy-makers, business sector leaders/entrepreneurs, or leaders of civil society organizations (such as representatives of trade unions, nongovernmental organizations, the media, business and professional associations);
- Good command of English;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to work in teams.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Costs for the program participants (accommodation expenses, meals and cost of training materials) will be covered by LAD via The Center on Democracy, Development and the Rule of Law. Participants will work with the Center for International Private Enterprise East Africa Regional Office in Addis Ababa and the Center for Federal Studies at Addis Ababa University to arrange travel.
Duration of Award: August 4-10, 2019
How to Apply: Apply Here
- You will receive a confirmation of receipt within 24 hours following submission of your application. Should you not receive a confirmation email, please contact us immediately by phone: +251 913 8564 65 or by email: LADEthiopia@gmail.com.
- Finalists may be required to participate in a short phone or Skype interview. Applicant interviews will be conducted on an as needed basis, and participants will be notified of their selection by June 20th, 2019.
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.