Joint PhD Scholarships in Artisanal & Small-scale Mining (ASM) in West Africa 2019 – University of Exeter/Queensland
The University of Exeter and the University of Queensland are seeking exceptional students to join a world-leading, cross-continental research team tackling major challenges facing the world’s population in global sustainability and wellbeing as part of the QUEX Institute.
Application Deadline: 19th May 2019 (BST)
To be taken at (country):
- University of Exeter
- University of Queensland
About the Award: The joint PhD programme provides a fantastic opportunity for the most talented doctoral students to work closely with world-class research groups and benefit from the combined expertise and facilities offered at the two institutions, with a lead supervisor within each university.
The select group will spend at least one year at each University and will graduate with a joint degree from the University of Exeter and the University of Queensland.
- Successful applicants will have a strong academic background and track record to undertake research projects based in one of the three themes of: Physical Activity and Nutrition; Healthy Ageing; and Environmental Sustainability.
- Applicants should be highly motivated and have, or expect to obtain, either a first or upper-second class BA or BSc (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- If English is not your first language you will need to meet the English language requirements and provide proof of proficiency.
Number of Awards: Ten generous, fully-funded studentships are available for the best applicants, five offered by the University of Exeter and five by the University of Queensland.
Value of Award: Full tuition fees, stipend of £15,000 p.a, travel funds of up to £15,000, and RTSG of £15,000 are available over the 3.5 year studentship
Duration of Programme: The studentship provides funding for up to 42 months (3.5 years).
How to Apply: Apply now
- You will be asked to submit some personal details and upload a full CV, supporting statement, academic transcripts and details of two academic referees. Your supporting statement should outline your academic interests, prior research experience and reasons for wishing to undertake this project, with particular reference to the collaborative nature of the partnership with the University of Queensland, and how this will enhance your training and research.
- Applicants who are chosen for interview will be notified week commencing 24 June 2019, and must be available for interview week commencing 8 July 2019.
- Please quote reference 3493 on your application and in any correspondence about this studentship.
At AfterSchoolAfrica, we believe in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Canadian University to Study Medicine
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In India
This One Skill Will Secure Your Future – And How To “Learn” It