Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) Scholarships to Attend One Young World Conference 2019 for Young Leaders in Developing Countries
Do you care about youth employment and have you had an active role in promoting it? Are you aged between 18 and 34? And would you like to come to the One Young World Summit in London from 22 to 25 October, and an additional pre-Summit programme in the Netherlands on 21 October? Then apply now to attend the One Young World Summit 2019 with the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs!
Application Deadline: 14th April 2019.
To be taken at (country): UK
About the Award: The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs prioritises improving young people’s prospects in a number of developing countries and fragile states by encouraging local entrepreneurs and creating jobs. The Dutch MFA will collaborate with OYW and will provide support to 50 delegates to participate in the global Summit around creating youth employment opportunities for prosperous and peaceful societies.
Type: Conference, Entrepreneurship
- Aged 18 – 34 by date of One Young World Summit 2019.
- Resident in a country from one of the following countries are eligible for the scholarship: Algeria, Burkina Faso, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mali, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sudan and Tunisia
- 50% of the candidates will be female.
- All candidates need a working understanding in English.
- Candidates by date of OYW 2019 have not participated in more than 2 other (big) international conferences;
- Dutch MFA encourages young leaders with a form of disability to apply.
- Dutch MFA encourages young leaders from rural to urban areas to apply.
Number of Awards: 50
Value of Award: Scholars selected to participate in the initiative will receive:
- Profiling in national media outlets.
- Access to the additional program of the Dutch MFA on 21 October in The Hague, The Netherlands
- Access to the One Young World Summit on 22-25 October 2019 in London, United Kingdom
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis in The Hague and in London
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner during OYW
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Air travel to The Hague, coach to London and air travel from London back to country of destination.
- Visa costs for the Netherlands and the United Kingdom are covered.
Duration of Programme: One Young World Summit in London from 22 to 25 October, and an additional pre-Summit programme in the Netherlands on 21 October
How to Apply: Application form is on Programme Webpage.
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
At AfterSchoolAfrica, we believe in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.