Perivoli Chair in Africa Research and Partnerships at University of Bristol 2019
The University of Bristol is seeking to appoint a Perivoli Chair in Africa Research and Partnerships. This is a new post which will play a central leadership role in the expansion of research activity, collaborations and partnerships with Africa at the University.
Application Deadline: 23rd April 2019 11.59pm
Job number: ACAD103869
To be taken at (country): UK
About the Award: The Chair is generously funded by a landmark £1million gift from the Perivoli Trust, who are committed to working in partnership with the University to achieve real impact for Africa. This transformational gift will also fund a Vice-Chancellor’s Fellowship, PhD Scholarship, and professional services support to help to launch and establish the new Centre for Africa Research and Partnerships under the guidance of the Perivoli Chair.
Type: Research, Job
Eligibility: We are looking for an individual with an internationally leading research reputation working with partners on the African continent from any disciplinary background who:
- – can work in interdisciplinary environments and lead interdisciplinary teams to address complex challenges;
- – has experience of working with both academic and non-academic partners in Africa;
- – is committed to engaged, transformative research that has real impact;
- – can demonstrate both success in gaining external research funding and research leadership in the field.
We welcome candidates whose research expertise connects with one or more of the existing areas of research strength in Africa at the University, including, but not limited to:
- – Education, skills and sustainable development;
- – Health and wellbeing – including maternal health, child protection, physical activity, HIV prevention;
- – Political economy, resilience, governance, urbanisation;
- – Human rights, migration, mobility;
- – Sustainable agriculture, sustainable development, poverty alleviation.
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Award: Competitive Salary plus Benefits
Duration of Programme: Open Ended
How to Apply: To discuss the role please contact Professor Deborah Wilson at [email protected] or (0117) 39 40522.
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
At AfterSchoolAfrica, we believe in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.