Association for AgriCulture & Ecology (Agrecol e.V.) Internship Programme 2021
The Association for AgriCulture & Ecology (Agrecol e.V.) in Germany offers internship placements and travel stipends for students enrolled in universities and colleges in German-speaking countries.
Application Deadline: 28th February 2021.
To be taken at (country): Bolivia
About the Award: The internship offers students an opportunity to acquire practical knowledge in sustainable agriculture and land management in a developing country. By living and working in another sociocultural environment, students can also gain valuable intercultural experiences.
Eligibility: Students eligible to apply for the internship placement and travel stipend are those who:
- Are enrolled in a university or college in a German-speaking country (including foreign students);
- Have basic knowledge and/or experience in managing organised groups (for small-scale production, processing and marketing of agricultural products);
- Have their own laptop or notebook that they can use during the internship;
- Have basic knowledge about (ecological) agriculture;
- Are interested and sensitive in working with smallholder farmers in different sociocultural contexts;
- Are dynamic, open and committed;
- Show high levels of self-reliance and self-organising capacity
- Have a sufficient command of Spanish (Bolivia) and German
- Are under 30 years of age.
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Award: The Agrecol Association in Germany covers the travel costs for a round-trip flight.
Duration of Programme: 6–12 months
How to Apply: The application, consisting of a convincing letter of motivation in German and Spanish (Bolivia), concrete details about the desired period of internship and a curriculum vitae in German and Spanish, should be sent by email as one pdf file to [email protected] and [email protected] (Matthias Görgen).