Ashoka East Africa Venture Representative Fellowship for Change Leaders 2018
Ashoka is inviting East Africans to its Fellowship programme.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2018
Eligible Countries: East African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Nairobi, Kenya
About the Award: Already the largest global network of thought and change leaders across every issue area imaginable, the Ashoka Fellowship strives to grow in numbers and diversity at an even more rapid pace as we strive to create an Everyone a Changemaker world. To this end, Ashoka seeks to strengthen its East Africa program by adding to the team a dynamic, self-motivated, entrepreneurial and highly skilled Venture Representative. Read more about what we look for in teammates here
- Build, manage, and grow the pipeline of systems-changing social entrepreneurs in the region by cultivating Ashoka’s nominator network, mapping and expanding into new networks, regularly investigating diverse thematic areas based on internal learning questions, local/national/global crises, and partner interests
- Manage the Ashoka Fellow selection process and logistics in the region in close coordination with the country, regional, and global teams.
- Prepare and champion system changing social entrepreneurs through Ashoka’s Fellow selection process, including conducting in-depth interviews and site visits with the social entrepreneurs and people closest to the innovations, synthesizing and documenting the findings, and authoring an “Ashoka Fellow profile” for each Fellow candidate
- Liaise with the Global Venture team and stay abreast of new opportunities for innovation in Fellow search, selection, and engagement
- Coordinate cross-Africa initiatives as needed to align with Ashoka Africa strategy
- Help secure resources and partners to grow the number and diversity of systems-changing social entrepreneurs in East Africa that join Ashoka’s Fellowship with data, budget, marketing materials, prospect identification and engagement etc.
- Identify and communicate the trends, patterns, and insights from the annual Fellow selection process and the newly elected Fellows in the region by creating knowledge infrastructure and reports
- Strong entrepreneurial track record with experience leading innovation inside existing organizations or launching an independent initiative/organization
- At least 5 years of professional experience, working directly with groups of people from different backgrounds and seniority levels
- Excellent spoken and written communication with a passion for social impact and public interest
- Skilled at engaging thought leaders and innovators from various sectors in insightful learning conversations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand, break down, and articulate complex systemic problems and solutions in a concise, powerful way
- Strong project management skills
- Computer savvy including strength in use of internet, CRM software, MS word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint (web designing is an added advantage)
- Fluency in English is required, Fluency in French is an added advantage
- Deep empathy, creativity, commitment to excellence and teamwork
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Position at Ashoka
How to Apply: We want to know more about you and your interest in social change.
– Please submit a CV highlighting your academic, work, and/or volunteer experience where you’ve demonstrated leadership and/or involvement in creatively addressing social issues.
– Submit a cover letter which answers these two questions: (1) Have you built and sustained innovative solutions for social change in your school/community/workplace? (2) How would you describe the systems-changing new idea of an Ashoka Fellow you are most familiar with? – Submit your CV and cover letter via Jobvite
Award Providers: Ashoka
Important Notes: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.