AfricaFrance Young Leaders Programme for Young African Leaders 2017. Fully-funded to France
AfricaFrance for Shared Growth in association with the French Development Agency are proud to announce the launch of the selection process for the first group of graduates from the AfricaFrance Young Leaders Programme.
Application Deadline: 31st March 2017
Eligible Countries: African and French Countries
To be taken at (country): France
About the Award: The Young Leaders program aims to identify, unite, value the very high potential African and French in a spirit of “promotion” of exception. The promotion will bring together young African and French leaders in two sessions in France and Africa with the aim of forging personal ties and proposing a common reflection on global issues.
Type: Short courses/Training
- Are you between 28 and 38 years old?
- Are you French, French diaspora, African?
- Do you contribute to building inclusive, sustainable and shared growth between the African continent and France?
- You demonstrate leadership, commitment and involvement that has an impact on your community or country?
- Do you come from companies or civil society in all areas of economic and social life?
- Candidates must be between the ages of 28 and 38 on 1st January 2017
- Candidates must be French or must come from an African country
- Anglophone candidates require fluency in French as well as the ability to hold a conversation
- At the time of the application, candidates must be working in companies or civil society in all fields of economic and social life (manufacturing, services, both cultural and societal) (the position of President, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer, Managing Director, Managing Partner or equivalent)
- They must demonstrate leadership, commitment and sustainable engagement (5 to 15 years) that has had an impact on their community or their country
- Candidates must also be able to travel and must make themselves available for the programme’s two sessions in July 2017 and October 2017
- They must demonstrate leadership potential that would enable them to reach the highest level within their sphere of activity
- They must demonstrate the requisite skills, in addition to an ability and a willingness to express themselves at the highest level. They must also be capable of making an oral presentation relating to their candidacy
- Candidates must show a willingness and a capacity to participate in strengthening the Franco-African relationship in their particular sphere of activity
- They must demonstrate the capacity to fully invest themselves in the programme as part of the network of previous Young Leaders
Number of Awardees: Limited
Value of Scholarship: ALL EXPENSES (INCLUDING VISAS, TRANSPORT AND ACCOMMODATION) WILL BE PAID FOR.
How to Apply: Interested applicants must submit the following:
The form, duly completed and signed • Curriculum Vitae • Covering letter • A letter presenting their professional and personal project • A one-page essay on the theme of “Coming together: for a new generation of Africa-France leaders” • 3 letters of recommendation and full details for their references • Copies of their most recent qualifications • Certificates of roles and publications (KBIS and/or Official Journal) referring to the roles • Balance sheets for 2015 and 2016 • One form of valid and in-date ID showing the candidate’s nationality
The form should be returned duly completed and signed in French or in English along with the supporting documents before the 31st March 2017 at 11.59 p.m. by email to: [email protected]
Award Provider: AfricaFrance
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Canadian University to Study Medicine
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In India
This One Skill Will Secure Your Future – And How To “Learn” It