BOI in Partnership with AGDC presents Youth Ignite Initiative – a platform where innovative ideas are brought to life.
Application Deadline: 13th March 2017
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at (country): Nigeria
About the Award: The main objective of the project is to create new jobs through entrepreneurship by supporting 1 million entrepreneurs over the next 5 years to create 5 million jobs.
- Applicants must be of Nigerian nationality
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 35.
- Failure to verify age will result in the application being declined.
- Applications must articulate a specific business problem to solve or opportunity to address.
- Applicants must be clear on the benefits from the loan.
- Employees of Bank of Industry, FirstBank, AGDC, Digital Jewels Limited, etc. and their families are not eligible to apply.
- The Judges’ decisions are final.
Selection Criteria: Looking for talented, creative and dedicated young people who have an existing business or idea that they believe in and are committed to bringing to life.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship:
- Accepted participants will gain access to loan of up to Two Hundred Thousand naira (N200, 000) as well as skilled expertise to help them with their business strategy and growth.
- All selected applicants are required to attend a business boot camp to refine their business strategy
- All selected participants automatically become part of a community of change-makers, pioneers, explorers, problem-solvers and venture builders.
- Shortlisted ideas/business to will access the following
Duration of Program:
- Loan cycle – 12 months (3 months’ moratorium, 9 months’ repayment)
How to Apply:
- Interested entrepreneurs should visit www.youthignite.ng
- Entries must be submitted online within the specified timeframe and conform to specified guidelines and terms and conditions of participation clearly outlined on this website.
- All entries will be reviewed by the Panel of Judges who consist of carefully selected accomplished professionals from all walks of life.
Award Provider: First Bank of Nigeria, Bank of Industry, Afterschool Graduate Development Centre