AFRINIC Fellowship Programme (Fully-funded to attend AFRINIC-30 meeting in Kampala, Uganda) 2019
AFRINIC is offering fellowships for the AFRINIC-30 meeting to be held in Kampala, Uganda from 15 June to 21 June 2019.
Application Deadline: 15th March 2019 00:00 UTC.
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): Kampala, Uganda
About the Award: The AFRINIC Fellowship Programme provides opportunities for individuals from African countries who have an interest in Internet operations and governance to participate in AFRINIC-30.
The fellowship provides basic financial assistance to applicants who fulfill the eligibility criteria and who are subsequently selected by the Fellowship Committee. Successful fellows will receive an award to cover travel and living expenses associated with attending the Program.
The selected fellow is expected to actively contribute to Internet Number Resource Management awareness in the AFRINIC service region prior, during and after the meeting. He/She is also expected to provide reports on how this fellowship has benefited his/her organisation/country.
Eligibility and Selection: To qualify for the fellowship, you:
- Must be a resident of an African nation
- Don’t need to be an AFRINIC member
- Should have a technical (IT, Computer Science) background
- Must not have not benefited from previous AFRINIC fellowships
- Must be willing to report on how this fellowship has benefited you/your organisation/country within an agreed time frame
Upon selection, AFRINIC will notify the selected fellows directly and allow them seven (7) days to accept or reject the offer.
A public announcement of the fellowship awardees will be made after the acceptance by the selected candidates.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Fellowship: The fellowship includes:
- Full Assistance with round-trip airfare to the meeting venue
- Hotel accommodation for the duration of the AFRINIC Plenary sessions, from the day before the beginning of the Plenary to the last day of the event.
Duration of Fellowship: 15 June to 21 June 2019.
How to Apply: If you think you meet the criteria above, apply below.