UCT Prescient Securities Postgraduate Scholarship 2020/2021 for South African Students
The Prescient Securities Postgraduate Scholarship has been established to provide support to Honours students from a historically disadvantaged background, who will register for full-time study at the University of Cape Town, in one of the following (or related) areas below
Application Deadline: 15th November 2019
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be taken at (country): University of Cape Town, South Africa
About the Award: South African candidates who intend to register toward the first year of a Master’s degree at UCT in 2020 in any of the following disciplines: Actuarial Science, Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, Statistical Sciences, Mathematical Finance, or Financial Markets and Risk Management. Note that only students in these disciplines with a planned research direction or project that incorporates finance-related research will be considered
Type: Postgraduate (Masters)
- Applicants must have achieved an average of 60% in a relevant honours and undergraduate degree.
- Applicants must be accepted (or provisionally accepted) by the UCT academic department.
Selection Criteria: The successful candidate will be required to:
- register for full-time study in the relevant department;
- comply with University’s approved policies, procedures and practices on postgraduate funding;
- repay to the University of Cape Town the value of the award should he/she deregister or if satisfactory academic progress is not made, or if any of the conditions of award are not met;
- meet with the sponsor of the scholarship with view to undertaking employment with Prescient following completion of his/her studies, and
- provide regular reports on the study being undertaken.
The University reserves the right not to make any award and/or to change the conditions of award.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: The value of the scholarship is R165,000 per annum.
Duration of Scholarship: The tenure of the award is 1 or 2 years for a Master’s degree (depending on the academic programme to be undertaken) with renewals after the first year contingent on the degree programme and on satisfactory progress.
How to Apply: Applicants are required to submit the following:
- completed application form;
- letter of application, including your motivation and explaining in what way your planned course of study is or may be finance and/or investment/asset related;
- CV of no longer than ONE A4 page, and which must provide detail of previous studies, any previous employment and evidence of leadership roles in both of these areas;
- certified copies of all tertiary academic transcripts ;
- Two letters of reference from ACADEMICS who have taught her/him at University.
|COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGES MUST BE EMAILED AS ONE PDF TO [email protected]. Please use the following reference when emailing your electronic application: “Prescient Investment Management: Student name”
BY NO LATER THAN 15 November 2019
For enquiries please contact: 021 650 2211 OR email: [email protected]