Chivas Venture Accelerator Program (USD$1,000,000 Funding) 2018
If you run an innovative social business that is helping to create a better future, we want to hear from you. Successful applicants will have a chance to pitch for a share of The Venture’s $1Million fund and will receive world-class mentorship to help accelerate their growth.
Application Deadline: 30th October 2017
- The Venture finalists will be announced on this website in March, 2018. However, if you have been successful in your application, you will hear from us before this date.
- The Accelerator Week – The Accelerator week will take place in March 2018.
- The global final – The global final will take place in July 2018.
To be taken at (country): In each participating country.
About the Programme: The Venture is a global search to find and support the most promising startups with the potential to succeed financially and make a positive impact on the lives of others.
The most promising startups – one from each country participating in The Venture – will make it to the global final and have a chance to win a share of $1 million in funding.
In 2014, Chivas Regal launched The Venture, a $1million annual fund and global search to reward those who are using business to create positive change. Over the last two years we have invested $2 Million in a new generation of extraordinary startups, that do well by doing good, because we believe generosity and success go hand in hand.
Type: Entrepreneurship contest
Eligibility: The Venture is looking for exceptional startups that use business innovatively to transform communities and solve global challenges. Social businesses that are creating a better future. Whatever it is, if it’s brilliant and can create real, positive change then we want to hear from you.
- The Venture is looking for social entrepreneurs who have a registered, for-profit startup or business.
- The Venture is searching for businesses in seed stage (which means the product is still in prototype stage and the business is not yet generating revenue from customers or users yet), startup stage (which means the business has a working prototype of its concept, ideally with some demonstrable user traction, generating a maximum of US $500,000 – or local currency equivalent – in annual revenues and has been incorporated for no more than three years) or growth stage (which means the business is beyond the working prototype stage, and can show significant user traction and sales, generating a maximum of US $1 million – or local currency equivalent – in annual revenues and has been incorporated for more than three years).
- You will have a strong vision, a compelling idea and a solid business plan.
- You’ll also need to showcase how your business has a positive impact and articulate how funding would help to take your business to the next level. You must be over 25 to enter The Venture.
Selection Process: Each country participating in The Venture will select one winner to go to the global final. The selection process will vary between countries so please be sure to check your local Terms & Conditions to find out more.
If you are successful at the national final, you will head to The Venture’s Accelerator Week; an intensive five days of learning, where finalists will receive world-class mentorship and support in preparation for the high stakes pitch in July. The week will involve expert trainers and inspirational mentors recruited by the Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship.
After the Accelerator Week, you will have the chance to inspire the public to vote for your startup in order to receive funding. During the voting period, we will allocate $250,000 of the $1Million fund by giving people the chance to vote for their favourite startup.
Selection Criteria: Every submission will be judged on five criteria. These criteria are:
- Market opportunity and size.
- Demonstrable impact: measurable social or environmental impact and a model that can scale.
- Sound business model and organizational strategy.
- Financial feasibility and sustainability: can earn revenue.
- Skills, experience and commitment of management team.
Value of Contest:
- A share of the $1 million fund!!!
- finalists will also take part in a variety of intensive business master-classes at some of the world’s leading businesses to help them sharpen their skills.
- business and pitching support
- The global finalists will feature on The Venture website and crowdfunding site IndieGogo. Our international campaign will reach millions of people around the world, offering incredible exposure for your business.
- The Venture is an international project with some of the participating countries offering additional prizes.
How to Apply: Apply now
It is highly important to go through the FAQ page before applying.
Award Provider: Chivas Regal