Chivas Venture Accelerator Programme 2020 for Social Entrepreneurs (USD$1,000,000 Funding)
If you run an innovative social business that is helping to create a better future, we want to hear from you. Successful applicants will have a chance to pitch for a share of The Venture’s $1Million fund and will receive world-class mentorship to help accelerate their growth.
Application Deadline: 31st October 2019
To be taken at (country): In each participating country.
About the Programme: The Venture is a global search to find and support the most promising startups with the potential to succeed financially and make a positive impact on the lives of others.
The most promising startups – one from each country participating in The Venture – will make it to the global final and have a chance to win a share of $1 million in funding.
In 2014, Chivas Regal launched The Venture, a $1million annual fund and global search to reward those who are using business to create positive change. Over the last two years we have invested $2 Million in a new generation of extraordinary startups, that do well by doing good, because we believe generosity and success go hand in hand.
Type: Entrepreneurship contest
- The founder, co-founder or a key decision-maker who will represent your business throughout the competition.
- You must be aged 21 years old or over (as of 31 October 2019), and speak fluent English.
- Your start-up must already be registered as a for-profit entity in the country you’re located, and earn no more than $1.5 million in annual revenue (from 1 September 2018 to 1 September 2019).
Selection Process: Each country participating in The Venture will select one winner to go to the global final. The selection process will vary between countries so please be sure to check your local Terms & Conditions to find out more.
If you are successful at the national final, you will head to The Venture’s Accelerator Week; an intensive five days of learning, where finalists will receive world-class mentorship and support in preparation for the high stakes pitch in July. The week will involve expert trainers and inspirational mentors recruited by the Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship.
After the Accelerator Week, you will have the chance to inspire the public to vote for your startup in order to receive funding. During the voting period, we will allocate $250,000 of the $1Million fund by giving people the chance to vote for their favourite startup.
Final Pitch: At an exclusive event in front of a live audience of business experts, influencers and changemakers, you will have the opportunity to pitch to The Venture’s global panel of judges, who will decide where the remaining share of the $1Million fund will be awarded.
Selection Criteria: Every submission will be judged on five criteria. These criteria are:
- Market opportunity and size.
- Demonstrable impact: measurable social or environmental impact and a model that can scale.
- Sound business model and organizational strategy.
- Financial feasibility and sustainability: can earn revenue.
- Skills, experience and commitment of management team.
Number of Awardees: Not specified.
Value of Contest:
- A share of the $1 million fund!!!
- finalists will also take part in a variety of intensive business master-classes at some of the world’s leading businesses to help them sharpen their skills.
- business and pitching support
- The global finalists will feature on The Venture website and crowdfunding site IndieGogo. Our international campaign will reach millions of people around the world, offering incredible exposure for your business.
- The Venture is an international project with some of the participating countries offering additional prizes.
How to Apply: We’re looking for innovative startups that use business to solve social or environmental problems. If that sounds like you, don’t wait – create a profile and fill in the application form here.
Award Provider: Chivas Regal
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
The 10 Most In Demand Professions In The World Today
10 Lessons We Learned From Self Publishing a Book
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World