UK – Israel STREAM Programme for Innovative Entrepreneurs in MENA Countries 2016
Programme Name: Science, Technology and Research Exchange Across MENA (STREAM).
Application Deadline: 30 September 2016, 16:00 UK
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Fields: Priority areas within the broad topic of ‘water’ (Full list to be found in link below)
About the Award: Institutional Links aims to build UK-partner country research and innovation collaborations centred on shared research and innovation challenges which have direct relevance to social welfare and economic development.
This programme is designed to establish links beyond the level of the individual researcher and innovation practitioner, opening up opportunities for more sustainable, solution-oriented collaborations between academic groups as well as with the private and third sector (e.g. SMEs, NGOs, technology transfer offices and other not-for-profit organisations).
This specific call is for trilateral collaborations between the UK, Israel, and MENA region countries (see Eligible Countries below) in water-related research and innovations. This call is running under the name Science, Technology and Research Exchange Across MENA (STREAM).
Eligible Countries: All applications must involve both the UK and Israel. The final partner must be from the MENA region, defined as; Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Palestinian Territories, Morocco, Tunisia, Yemen, Algeria, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria and UAE.
Type: Entrepreneurship contest
- All applications are trilateral and must have one Principal Applicant from the UK, one Principal Applicant for Israel, and one Principal Applicant for the MENA region (see Partner Countries section above)
- All Principal Applicants must be Leading Researchers or Established Researchers as defined by the EC
- Either individual researchers or researchers with institutional engagement are welcome to apply as Principal Applicants.
- Please see the list of eligible UK research institutions here
- Other eligibility criteria apply. Please refer to the Guidelines document available from the Downloads section below for full eligibility criteria.
Value of Contest: £50,000 – £100,000
Duration of Contest: 10 to 18 months
How to Apply:
- Download and read fully the Guidelines document from the Downloads section below.
- Complete the online application form here. A Word Docx version of the application form is available from the Downloads section on the contest webpage. This is intended to give applicants knowledge of the questions in the online application form only, and cannot be used to submit an application.
If you are experiencing issues with downloading the budget spreadsheet, please try using a different browser (Google Chrome) or email UK-InstitutionalLinks@britishcouncil.org to receive a copy
Award Provider: British Council Institutional Links