The University of Lausanne, Switzerland provides around ten Master’s grants which are awarded on a competitive basis to facilitate access to Master’s degrees by students with qualifications from foreign universities.
Application Deadline: 1st November 2022.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Switzerland
Eligible Fields of Study: Candidates must choose a Master’s programme from among those offered by the University of Lausanne (UNIL), EXCEPT:
- Master from the School of Medicine
- Master of education
- Master of Law. Exceptions open to applications for Masters scholarships: specialisms “International and comparative law” and “Legal theory”
- Master of criminal Law, magistracy specialism
- Master of Science in Physical Education and Sports Didactics
- Master of Science in Health sciences
- Master of Science (MSc) in Sustainable Management & Technology
- All MASs (PhD programmes)
About the Award: The University of Lausanne (UNIL) Masters scholarships are scholarships for excellence awarded exclusively to students who have graduated from a foreign university and whose academic results are of a very high level. The amount of the grant is CHF 1,600.- per month from 15 September to 15 July, for a duration not exceeding the regulation minimum period of the programme (according to the programme, one-and-a-half years or two years subject to deduction for paid placements or exempt semesters, if any). Abandonment of the programme results in suspension of the grant.
Type: Masters Grants
- To have obtained a foreign university degree considered equivalent to a bachelor at UNIL before the beginning of the masters programme at UNIL.
- To have distinguished yourself during your studies, especially through particularly brilliant academic results.
- To have a language level of at least B2 (according to the European Language Portfolio global scale) in French or at least C1 in English according to the language in which your chosen masters is taught.
- Not been registered with UNIL
- To have paid the CHF 200.00 administration fee (see document, “list of documents to attach to your application”).
Withdrawal from the programme will lead to the suspension of the scholarship.
Selection Criteria: The grants are intended more particularly for students who distinguished themselves in their university studies and who have difficulty meeting their financial needs for the duration of the Master’s. It is however necessary that the candidates have sufficient financial means to live on themselves during the complementary studies that may be required prior to enroll on the Master’s degree.
Number of Awardees: around 10
Value of Scholarship: CHF 1,600.- per month.
Duration of Scholarship: one-and-a-half years or two years (subject to deduction for paid placements or exempt semesters, if any). Abandonment of the programme results in suspension of the grant.
How to Apply to University of Lausanne (UNIL):
You must not make an application for admission to the masters degree via the Admissions Department (SII).
Candidates must send their completed application (refer to the document in the margin, “list of documents to attach to your application”), unbound, by post only to the following address:
Université de Lausanne
Service des affaires sociales et de la mobilité étudiante (SASME)
CH – 1015 Lausanne
- The application form must be completed on a computer and duly signed by the candidate.
- The application for the Masters scholarship also serves as an application for admission to your chosen masters (and therefore an application to register at University of Lausanne (UNIL)).
- The deadline for applications is 1 November to begin a masters degree during the following academic year, in the autumn semester or the spring semester if the programme allows. The postmark will attest to the date sent.
- Incomplete applications, particularly those lacking certified copies of the academic documents requested, will not be considered.