French CERDI PhD Scholarships 2022/2025 for International Students
French CERDI PhD Scholarships 2022/2025: The CERDI (Centre d’Etudes et de Recherches sur le Développement International) offers several three-year scholarships for a PhD thesis in economics.
When is Application Deadline?
15th May 2022
Which Fields are Eligible?
The CERDI thesis proposal should be related to development economics, the domain of the CERDI. The department encourages proposals related to the following themes, which are ranked according to the priorities set by the department for this year and are associated to the list of potential supervisors:
- Development microeconomics (poverty, inequality, gender economics, economics of education, health economics).
- Development microeconomics (public finance, monetary economics, exchange rate policies, customs administration).
- Environmental and ecological economics (deforestation, agricultural economics and adaptation to climate change, circular economy).
- International economics (trade, foreign direct investments and international migration flows).
Thesis proposals that will also address the interplay between one of the four topics and natural disasters will be particularly appreciated (see the Scientific Challenge 4 of the CAP 2025 project).
What Type of Scholarship is this?
Which Countries are Eligible?
Where will Award be Taken?
How Many Scholarships will be Given?
What is the Benefit of CERDI Scholarship?
The scholarship will begin in October 2022. The selected candidates will be affiliated to the CERDI and to the Ecole Doctorale SEJPG (Sciences Economiques, Juridiques, Politiques et de Gestion).
How Long will Program Last?
How to Apply for CERDI Scholarship?
Applications should be sent using the form ” PhD scholarships at CERDI” before May 15, 2022.
The application must include:
- Grade transcripts (undergraduate and graduate level).
- Curriculum vitae
- A letter of motivation
- Two references (to be included in the CV)
- A detailed research project of up to 4 pages; this project should demonstrate the ability of the candidate to address the proposed research questions
- (Optional): Second-year master thesis.