MTN Nigeria proudly presents the MTN Leadership Seminar for its loyal customers with the theme ‘Breaking the Success Myth’, coming Tuesday 24 April through Friday 27 April 2012. As part of the Seminar, Subscribers are also invited to participate in the MTN Budding Entrepreneur N30Million Business Grant by submitting a business idea, and stand a chance of winning N20million Grant.
In its continued commitment to empowering dreams and enriching lives, MTN in the last four years has brought in renowned speakers like Les Brown, Chris Gardner and David Plouffe to speak to Nigerians on topics bordering on entrepreneurship, strategy, motivation amongst others. Formerly tagged the MTN Motivational Series, the project has been revamped and repackaged as the MTN Leadership Seminar to bring more value to her customers and the general public.
Objective of the MTN Leadership Seminar
The MTN Leadership Seminar is the first of its kind in Nigeria with the objective of:
- Enabling MTN customers move ahead in life and business
- Inspiring the CAN-DO spirit in them.
- Creating a conducive atmosphere for networking
- Creating opportunities for budding entrepreneurs through the N30 Million Grant and a 6 month mentorship programme with Dr. Farrah Gray.
Date: The seminar will hold from Tuesday, April 24, 2012 to Friday, April 27, 2012 in 2 locations in Nigeria.
Theme: The theme of this year’s event is “Breaking the Success Myth”.
Dr. Farrah Gray
The Seminar will feature Dr. Farrah Gray, a young American businessman, investor, philanthropist, author, syndicated columnist, and motivational speaker who became a millionaire at the age of 14.
MTN Budding Entrepreneur N30Million Business Grant
This year’s seminar would feature activities beyond talk. MTN will ALSO be heralding a first-of-its kind initiative called the MTN Budding Entrepreneur Business Grant. The best idea will get the sum of N20m (Twenty million naira) and 6 months mentorship program with Dr. Farrah Gray whilst the 2nd and 3rd most creative ideas will get N5m respectively to pursue their business ventures.
Tagged the MTN Budding Entrepreneur Business Grant, its aim is to see the dreams of still budding businesses come to full bloom and fruition. The grant sum which comes to the tune of 30 million naira will be given to the 3 best ideas at the MTN Leadership seminar which is to take place from the 24th -27th April 2012 in Lagos and Port-Harcourt with the brightest idea of them all also getting a 6 month mentorship program with Dr Farrah Gray – world renowned businessman, investor, philanthropist, author, syndicated columnist, and motivational speaker.
How to participate in the MTN Budding Entrepreneur Business Grant
- Participation is open to all Registered MTN customers under the age of 40 as at 30/04/12.
- To register, participants are required to fill in the application form and send their business ideas via the www.mtnonline.com/leadership.
- The business ideas will be screened and shortlisted participants will be invited for presentation before a panel which will sit at Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt. Shortlisted participants will be contacted for the live presentations.
- The best 12 ideas will be shortlisted.
- The 12 finalists will be assisted to package their business plan in partnership with credible associations.
- Dr. Farrah Gray will then review the 12 business ideas and pick the winning ideas
- The winner of the best idea will receive N20m and 6 Months mentoring from Dr. Farrah Gray.
- The next 2 best ideas will receive N5m each to start up and or enhance their business.
Visit following link to see the programme schedule and get an Invite to the leadership Seminar
Note: You must NOT submit a business plan to be invited for the Leadership seminar
About the Speaker/Mentor
Farrah Gray is an American businessman, investor, philanthropist, author, syndicated columnist, and motivational speaker. At just 29, he has been able to put in more in a lifetime than most will. Dr. Farrah Gray was named as one of the most influential Black men in America by the National Urban League’s Urban Influence Magazine and Ebony Magazine recognized him as an entrepreneurial icon, business mogul and best-selling author.
Raised in the impoverished South side of Chicago, Dr. Gray defied the odds and became a self-made millionaire by the age of 14. At the age of 21, he received an Honorary Doctorate degree of Humane Letters from Allen University. This was in recognition of his ingenious economic mind and distinguished commitment to the development of values such as leadership, integrity and scholarship. In his rise from poverty to national and international prominence as an entrepreneurial icon and pre-eminent power speaker, Dr. Gray has inspired millions around the world.