Scholarship Name: Malaysia International Scholarship (Mis)
The Malaysian Government is offering international scholarships for students from any part of the world to study for Postgraduate and Postdoctoral degree in Malaysian public and private Universities 2013/2014
Accepted Subject Areas?
Field of studies is in the following priority areas:
- Science and Engineering
- Agriculture and Fisheries
- Economics and Islamic Finance
- Information and Communication Technology
- Biosecurity and Food Safety
- Infrastructure and Utility
- Environmental Studies
- Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy.
* Applicants may choose any related course within the field/areas mentioned above
The Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government’s effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
Talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship and further their studies in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and private universities.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not specified
Scholarship Type: This scholarship is divided into two (2) categories of study: Postgraduate and Post-doctoral Studies
By what Criteria is Selection Made?
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:-
- High-level academic achievement
- The quality of the research proposal and its potential contribution towards advancement of technology and human well-being.
- Excellent communication, writing and reading skills in English Language
Who is eligible to apply?
To be eligible for Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS), applicants must fit the following criteria:-
- Not be more than 40 years of age during application.
- Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Masters Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Masters degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study. In addition, for post-doctoral programme, the selection will be evaluated based on the number of books produced, refereed/non refereed journals, portfolio and patent copyright. The Post-Doctoral candidate must have excellent reputation in research and possesses knowledge related to the research to be carried out.
- Took one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required:
- IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; or
- TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
- In excellent health condition and certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional. The cost of medical examination is to be borne by the applicants.
- Wrote a proposal that is relevant to the needs and interests of Malaysia (research-based programme only).
- Has applied for and gained admission to postgraduate and post-doctoral studies in Malaysia (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with the universities in Malaysia).
How Many Scholarships are available? Several
What are the benefits?
Each scholarship consists of:-
- Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia
- An approved tuition fees
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Annual grant for books and internal travel
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Installation and Termination grant
- Thesis allowance
How long will sponsorship last? For the duration of the programme of study
Any country – for international Students
To be taken at (country): Public and Private Universities in Malaysia
Application Deadline is 31st March 2013
Offered annually? Yes
How to Apply
First of all, you have to apply and gain admission for postgraduate and post-doctoral studies from a reputable public or private university in Malaysia. Read the eligibility above.
All applications should be made ONLINE through Ministry of Higher Education’s website at https://payloan.mohe.gov.my/INTER/ starting from 01 August 2013 until 10 September 2013.
- REGISTER your Passport Number or National Identication Number, password and email address.
- LOG IN to online application form and fill in all section completely.
- Please ensure all informations are correct before you print the application and logout.
- Please attach printed application form together with the following documents:
- Recent passport size photograph.
- Completed Medical Report.
- A certified copy of current passport showing evidence of citizenship.
- A certified copy of academic transcript, testimonials and/or references relating to the relevant study, co-curriculum activities, achievements.
- A clear and precise study or research plan
- A certified copy of English Language proficiency certificate (Test of English as a Foreign Language/TOEFL or International English Language Testing Service/IELTS)
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Admission letter from Malaysian University.
- Two letters of recommendation from two (2) people who can act as referees to support your application.
- Endorsement Form.
- You are required to complete the two Letters of Recommendation from two referees, Endorsement Form and Medical Report. Please bring printed ONLINE application form and required documents to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the relevant agency responsible for the MIS scholarship in your country to get the endorsement.
- Scan all documents stated above in PDF format and LOGIN to MIS Online Application.
- You are required to attach the documents and click SUBMIT button to submit the application. You will see the notification message when the process is done. All the application is fully online. No hard copy is required. Bring the hard copy of application form and original certificate during the interview session.
- Scholarship holder must undertake full-time studies for postgraduate and post-doctoral studies at a campus of Malaysian Universities. It is the responsibility of the scholarship holders to confirm admission to the university.
- Scholarship holders must not change their programme during tenure of the scholarship except with written permission from their university and the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia.
- Scholarship holders must follow the approved programmes and abide by the university’s rules, regulations and codes of conduct.
- Any suspension from the university will result in immediate suspension of award. Monthly allowances are not payable during suspension, including suspension due to illness.
- It is the responsibility of successful candidates to apply for and meet the requirements for the issuing of an appropriate entry visa including medical examination. The offer of the scholarship does not guarantee the granting of a visa.
- Scholarship holders must maintain satisfactory progress and good standing as stipulated by their host university and degree programme, or the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- The scholarships are tenable in Malaysian universities and research must be carried out in Malaysia.
- Scholarship holders are not allowed to take any paid employment during their tenure unless with written approval from the host university.
For further enquiries, please contact us:-
Ministry Of Higher Education Malaysia
Level 2, No 2, Tower 2
Jalan P5/6, Precinct 5
Federal Government Administrative Centre
Phone : +603 8870 6000 ext 6368 / 6337 / 5409