Scholarship Name: Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI)
Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) for overseas students to study for Master and Doctoral degree (postgraduate) by Research at the University of Adelaide, Australia 2013
Accepted Subject Areas?
Master’s and Doctoral Courses by Research in any academic discipline offered at the university
The University of Adelaide offers a scholarships scheme for international students undertaking postgraduate research study for Master’s and Doctoral degrees. The purpose of the financial award programme is to attract high quality overseas postgraduate students to areas of research strength in the University of Adelaide to support its research effort.
A number of ASI scholarships may be available in the mid year round of scholarships for semester 2, 2013 to outstanding international students from any country undertaking postgraduate research in any academic discipline.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not Specified
By what Criteria is Selection Made?
- Applications for these scholarships are always highly competitive.
- Generally ASI recipients have completed a Masters degree including a significant research component and have several publications and relevant work and research experience.
- ASI Scholarship will be awarded strictly on academic merit. Extra-curricular achievements will not be considered.
Who is qualified to apply?
- Applicants should hold at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree. This is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year.
- Other criteria that will be taken into consideration is undergraduate performance, bachelor and honours awards and scholarships, other postgraduate degrees, publications in internationally refereed journals, the presentation of conference papers and relevant industry experience.
- Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and citizens of New Zealand are ineligible.
- Those undertaking research via remote candidature are ineligible.
- International applicants are not eligible for an ASI if they have already commenced the degree for which they are seeking an award, unless they can establish that they were unable to apply for an ASI in the last round of the previous calendar year.
How Many Scholarships are available? A number of scholarships will be awarded
What are the benefits?
- Course tuition fees for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only);
- An annual living allowance of approximately $23,728 (2012 value) for the normal duration of the program; and
- If the award holder holds a subclass 574 visa, the award covers the cost of compulsory standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) World care policy for the student and their spouse and dependents (if any) for the period of the scholarship. If the award holder does not hold a subclass 574 visa then he/she is responsible for the cost of health insurance.
The scholarship does NOT cover visa application fees.
How long will sponsorship last?
Two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only)
International postgraduate students from any country
To be taken at (country): The University of Adelaide, Australia
What time of year does Application Close?
Application deadline is 12 April 2013
The university strongly recommends that all applicants submit their application and all required documents well before the closing date. Incomplete applications at the scholarship application deadline will not be considered for a scholarship.
Offered annually: Yes
How can I Apply?
Download international student Application Form
University of Adelaide, Australia
How can I get more information?
If you need more Information about this scholarship, kindly visit the Scholarship Webpage
- International applicants who have not provided evidence of their meeting English language proficiency requirements by the closing date are not eligible for an ASI.
- Candidates are required to enrol in the University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ and must maintain ‘international student’ status for the duration of their enrolment in the University.
- Scholarships holders must commence study at The University of Adelaide in semester 2, 2012. No ASI may be commenced after 30 November 2012.
- The offer of an ASI scholarship is contingent upon a student not being offered another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, The University of Adelaide, or an overseas sponsor.
Applicants will be notified by the end of June 2012 regarding the outcome of their scholarship application.