Scholarship Name: Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI)
Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) for overseas students to study for Master and Doctoral degree (postgraduate) by Research at the University of Adelaide, Australia 2014
Accepted Subject Areas?
Master’s and Doctoral Courses by Research in any academic discipline offered at the university
The University of Adelaide offers a scholarships scheme for international students undertaking postgraduate research study for Master’s and Doctoral degrees. The purpose of the financial award programme is to attract high quality overseas postgraduate students to areas of research strength in the University of Adelaide to support its research effort.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not Specified
By what Criteria is Selection Made?
- Applications for these scholarships are always highly competitive.
- Generally ASI recipients have completed a Masters degree including a significant research component and have several publications and relevant work and research experience.
- ASI Scholarship will be awarded strictly on academic merit. Extra-curricular achievements will not be considered.
Who is qualified to apply?
- Applicants should hold at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree. This is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year.
- Other criteria that will be taken into consideration is undergraduate performance, bachelor and honours awards and scholarships, other postgraduate degrees, publications in internationally refereed journals, the presentation of conference papers and relevant industry experience.
- Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and citizens of New Zealand are ineligible.
- Those undertaking research via remote candidature are ineligible.
- International applicants are not eligible for an ASI if they have already commenced the degree for which they are seeking an award, unless they can establish that they were unable to apply for an ASI in the last round of the previous calendar year.
How Many Scholarships are available? A number of scholarships will be awarded
What are the benefits?
- Course tuition fees for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only);
- An annual living allowance of approximately ($25,392 in 2014) for the normal duration of the program; and
- If the award holder holds a subclass 574 visa, the award covers the cost of compulsory standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) World care policy for the student and their spouse and dependents (if any) for the period of the scholarship. If the award holder does not hold a subclass 574 visa then he/she is responsible for the cost of health insurance.
The scholarship does NOT cover visa application fees.
Duration of Scholarship: Two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only)
Countries Eligible: International postgraduate students from any country
To be taken at (country): The University of Adelaide, Australia
Application Deadline:31 May 2014
The university strongly recommends that all applicants submit their application and all required documents well before the closing date. Incomplete applications at the scholarship application deadline will not be considered for a scholarship.
Offered annually: Yes
How to Apply
Visit scholarship webpage for details
Sponsors: University of Adelaide, Australia