Application Deadline: Session 1, February: 31st January 2017 | Session 2, July: 30th June 2017 | Offered annually? Yes
Brief description: Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship is a partial Scholarship for Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies in Australia for International students 2016/2017
Eligible Field of Study: Priority areas include Engineering, Environment, Human Science, Media, Linguistics, and Education.
About Scholarship: The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship provides a partial tuition fee scholarship for outstanding students to study at Macquarie University North Ryde campus. It has been designed to recognise academic excellence and provide financial assistance for international students. The Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship is country-specific and will be awarded progressively through the year to future applicants to Macquarie University.
Scholarship Type: Partial scholarships for Undergraduate or Masters studies
Selection Criteria: The Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship is highly competitive and awarded based on academic merit.
Eligibility: Candidates must:
- Have citizenship of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Have met the University’s academic and English requirements for the course to be considered for a scholarship (must hold a full offer of admission for North Ryde by the application deadline).
- Have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (5.0 out of 7.0 from 2017 onward) for Postgraduate applications and minimum requirement of an ATAR equivalent of 90 out of 100 for Undergraduate applications.
- Have applied for a program that is longer than one Session in duration.
- Commence study in session and year indicated in the scholarship offer letter.
- Have applied for a course which has a full-time study load.
- Commence study in the semester and year indicated in their offer of Scholarship. Commencement may not be deferred.
Number of Scholarships: not specified
Value of Scholarship: Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship is a Partial Scholarship for Undergraduate or Postgraduate studies. The amount is varied up to AUD$10,000 and it will be applied towards your tuition fee.
The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships do NOT provide financial support in the form of a living allowance, nor does it provide for the cost of visa application, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), airfares, accommodation, conferences or other costs associated with study.
Duration of Scholarship: The Scholarship is a single scholarship and not available to be renewed.
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Macquarie University Australia
How to Apply
- Candidates must complete an online course application form. Online course application will enable you to select your course and upload scanned copies of the required documents. Once your course application has been processed, you will receive a Macquarie University Student Number which is compulsory to submit the online scholarship application form.
- Applicants must complete an online scholarship application form
For more details, visit the scholarship webpage.
Sponsors: Macquarie University Australia
Important Notes: Applicants can only receive one scholarship.
Applicants applying for the Vice-Chancellor’s International scholarship will not be required to submit Referee’s Report or a Statement of Purpose. Once you have completed the online scholarship application form, a confirmation email will be sent to you at your nominated email address. Incomplete applications will not be considered.