Yousef Jameel Doctoral Scholarship at Humboldt-Universität 2020/2021 for Students from North African Countries
With support of the Yousef Jameel Scholarship Fund, Humboldt-Universität will annually award five scholarships to doctoral candidates in the natural science fields.
Application Deadline: 15th July 2020
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Tunisia.
To Be Taken At (Country): Germany
About the Award: Promoting the development of young scientists and scholars is a declared goal of Humboldt-Universität. Humboldt-Universität places a high priority on preparing leading young researchers and scientists for careers in research and teaching.
Field of Study: Informatics/ Computer Science, Mathematics, Biology/ Biomedicine, Chemistry, Physics, Geography and Agricultural Science.
- Applicants must possess an academic degree and fulfil the requirements necessary for admission to a doctoral programme at the appropriate Humboldt-Universität faculty. The applicant must obtain admission to a doctoral programme (Promotionszulassung) before the scholarship’s starting date.
- Very good written and spoken English as well as good German communications skills are required.
- Applications will only be considered from students of Arab countries and Turkey who credibly demonstrate their intent to return.
- To increase the proportion of women at the university, applications from qualified women are particularly encouraged.
- Disabled persons will receive preference, assuming equal qualifications.
Number of Awards: 5
Value of Award: The stipend awarded is in the amount of 1340 Euros per month, plus materials expenses.
Duration of Program: The scholarships are awarded for a period of three years and commence on October 1.
How to Apply:
- A cover letter detailing the intended field of study of the doctoral program, as well as the motivation of the applicant;
- A CV and list of publications, if applicable;
- An Exposé including a detailed work plan for the three-year scholarship period (maximum ten pages);
- Copies of academic records and references from previous employers, with certified German translations if necessary;
- An evaluation from the applicant’s Ph.D. supervisor of the Humboldt-Universität.
Send Applications and Questions to:
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Yousef Jameel Scholarship
Unter den Linden 6