Yousef Jameel Doctoral Scholarship at Humboldt-Universität 2019/2020 for Students from North African Countries
With support of the Yousef Jameel Scholarship Fund, Humboldt-Universität will annually award five scholarships to doctoral candidates in the natural science fields.
Application Deadline: 15th July 2019
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Tunisia.
To Be Taken At (Country): Germany
About the Award: Promoting the development of young scientists and scholars is a declared goal of Humboldt-Universität. Humboldt-Universität places a high priority on preparing leading young researchers and scientists for careers in research and teaching.
Field of Study: Informatics/ Computer Science, Mathematics, Biology/ Biomedicine, Chemistry, Physics, Geography and Agricultural Science.
- Applicants must possess an academic degree and fulfil the requirements necessary for admission to a doctoral programme at the appropriate Humboldt-Universität faculty. The applicant must obtain admission to a doctoral programme (Promotionszulassung) before the scholarship’s starting date.
- Very good written and spoken English as well as good German communications skills are required.
- Applications will only be considered from students of Arab countries and Turkey who credibly demonstrate their intent to return.
- To increase the proportion of women at the university, applications from qualified women are particularly encouraged.
- Disabled persons will receive preference, assuming equal qualifications.
Number of Awards: 5
Value of Award: The stipend awarded is in the amount of 1340 Euros per month, plus materials expenses.
Duration of Program: The scholarships are awarded for a period of three years and commence on October 1.
How to Apply:
- A cover letter detailing the intended field of study of the doctoral program, as well as the motivation of the applicant;
- A CV and list of publications, if applicable;
- An Exposé including a detailed work plan for the three-year scholarship period (maximum ten pages);
- Copies of academic records and references from previous employers, with certified German translations if necessary;
- An evaluation from the applicant’s Ph.D. supervisor of the Humboldt-Universität.
Send Applications and Questions to:
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Yousef Jameel Scholarship
Unter den Linden 6
Award Providers: Yousef Jameel Scholarship Fund.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Canadian University to Study Medicine
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In India
This One Skill Will Secure Your Future – And How To “Learn” It