The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the SPDC Joint Venture, is delighted to announce the Ninth annual SPDC JV Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for applicants from Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and…
University of Leeds
Founded in the early 1900s, the University of Leeds, popularly known as Leeds, is a reputable institution that has an international legacy of outstanding performance in teaching and developmental research. It is currently one of the top members of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive universities.
Leeds is one of England’s largest University with a campus that occupied over 98 acres of English real-estate and currently tutors more than 33,000 students from over 140 countries. The school features a few outstanding attributes including four libraries, spacious lecture halls, an ultra-modern swimming pool, a fitness and wellness centre known as ‘The Edge’, and a state-of-the-art stage for contemporary performances.
The University of Leeds also presents one of the vastest selection of courses available to universities across the UK. These courses are available in degree programmes which include Undergraduate, Postgraduate (Masters), and Doctorate programmes. Also, these degrees are recognized and respected worldwide by employers, and academic institutions, and can often be found in influential positions around the world.
A critical attribute of the University of Leeds is its continuous dedicated service to international students. This dedication has made over 5,000 students from more than 140 counties outside England feel comfortable with acquiring a degree from the prestigious English University.
The school also features an “International Student Office” which provides information and counselling to help study-abroad students adjust to the new atmosphere and improve their performance at the University of Leeds.
There are 5-degree programmes offered at the University of Leeds which are:
The degrees are offered in a range of courses from eight major faculties which includes the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Business, Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences, Faculty of Environment, Faculty of Medicine and Health, and the Faculty of Social Sciences.
To learn more about the individual courses in each faculty, kindly visit the University’s website.
- Sanctuary Scholarship:
This scholarship programme aims to offer financial support to “forced migrants” in the UK who wish to acquire an undergraduate, postgraduate or research degree at the University.
This scholarship will cover the awardee’s tuition fees and living expenses for three years.
- Be an individual exiled from his/her country of origin/residence due to economic, political, ethnic, human rights pressures, or environmental issues.
- Be unable to receive external funding from mainstream sources like a local authority grant or the Student Finance England.
- Be recommended by an Independent source as support for your application.
- Possess residency status of either:
- An asylum seeker
- A refugee with the inability to access public funding.
- An individual that has been granted limited leave in the UK based on having been a victim of human trafficking, an asylum-seeking individual, or any refugee-related reason.
The awarded student will have his/her tuition fee covered by the scholarship, along with an annual grant of £10,000 to handle the student’s cost of living for a maximum of three years.
- Leeds Doctoral Scholarships:
The University of Leeds is pleased to offer interested students a chance to complete a doctorate degree under a scholarship from the institution. This opportunity is open to a number of applicants from the UK and EU, across several disciplines.
- Be from either the United Kingdom or the European Union.
- Possess an undergraduate degree and must have graduated with the equivalent of a UK first-class Honors.
- Candidates with a degree lower than a first-class Honors will be considered if they are expected to receive a Distinction in a Masters programme related to their field of research.
- Non-English speakers must provide an IELTS (not older than two years) with an overall score of 6.0 and a minimum of 5.5 in each component which include writing, reading, speaking and listening.
The scholarship award will cover the student’s tuition fees along with a maintenance grant at the standard UKRI rate of £15,009 for the session.
- Leeds Masters Scholarships Scheme:
This scholarship programme aims to financially support passionate students from under-represented groups to pursue a postgraduate degree in any field of interest. A graduate certificate is one of the few qualifications that is sure to set you apart in society and potential career opportunities.
- Applicants must have already begun a distance learning, part-time, or full-time, Masters programme at the University of Leeds.
- The Master’s programme must lead to either an MBA, MA, MEd, MBA, MMus, MSc, LLM, MPH, or MRes qualification.
- Must be a UK student.
- Must be a previous holder of a Masters degree
- Must have no external source of funding for your postgraduate programmes such as an employer or public funding organization.
The Leeds Masters Scholarships Scheme also requires the student to meet some financial requirements. To preserve the authenticity of these requirements, we advise that you visit the scholarship portal to learn more.
A cash grant of £5,000 will be awarded to the selected students as financial support for their educational career.
Start here to apply for International Scholarships at University of Leeds UK
Applications are open for an outstanding international* applicant wishing to undertake a Masters programme with Leeds University Business School in 2020/21. See below for full eligibility criteria. Application Deadline: 30th April 2020…
5 awards are available to international students who wish to undertake taught postgraduate study in session 2020/2021. These awards will contribute up to £23,000 towards academic fees for candidates liable to pay fees at the full-cost rate…
Twelve Transport Masters International Excellence Scholarships are available in the Institute for Transport Studies for International applicants beginning their studies in session 2020/2021. The award will provide a £5,000 contribution…
One Masters in Economics African Excellence Scholarship is available in the Leeds University Business School in session 2020/2021 for nationals of an African Union country. The award covers full fees. Application Deadline: Ongoing…