Applications for the African Graduate Scholarships for the academic year 2020/2021 are now open for African Students to study at University College London UK. Application Deadline: 3rd May 2022 Eligible Countries: African countries To…
University College London
At the UCL, students work and prepare for class autonomously. Seminars and lectures last for one hour. In most cases, as a research-based institution, students are expected to answer complex questions using real-life application or elaborate on an opinion they suggested. Above all, you need to have at least 70% attendance in all classes.
Examinations are taken at the end of coursework and it usually comes in the form of essays and This is a way of assessing a student’s performance.
Academic Integrity means being honest with your university work. As a student, you must ensure that you formally recognize and reference the existing knowledge of the idea on which your research is based.
The university’s population of international students consists of 28% of the undergraduate studies and 24% of the graduate programs.
To learn more about studying at the UCL or UK in general, contact the international student support of the university.
Scholarships at the University College, London
The Chevening Scholarships are government scholarships that are made available to international students by the UK government. The scholarships are open to only Master’s degree students studying at the university. The scholarship opens in early August and closes in early November.
Benefits of the Scholarship
The scholarship award covers the tuition fee, airplane ticket, a monthly stipend covering living expenses, arrival allowance, cost of arrival and in some cases, the cost of the tuberculosis test.
Applicants of Chevening Scholarships must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be an international student and from an eligible country.
- Must be a master’s degree student.
- Must have at least, a two-year working experience.
- Need to apply to at least three UK universities and get accepted in one.
- Have to meet the minimum requirements for English language.
- Return to the country of origin after the studies.
You can apply and get accepted to a UK based university after you apply for a Chevening Scholarship.
Graduate Research Scholarships
The UCL Graduate Research Scholarships aim at attracting high-quality students to undertake research studies at the university. The scholarship may be fully or partially funded and is open to students of all nationalities.
The value of the scholarship is made up of the standard postgraduate UK/EU rate for full-time study and an additional research cost of up to £1,200 per annum for the duration of the programme.
- Applicant must have been offered admission at the university before applying for the scholarship.
- Must have an upper second class degree in a UK university or its equivalence.
The programme is not applicable to online students.
The UCL Overseas Research Scholarship
The UCL Overseas Research Scholarship is aimed to attract international students to the UCL university for research studies.
The scholarship covers only the amount of the tuition fee between the UK/EU students and that of international students. It covers only three years of full-time study.
- The applicant must hold an offer of admission at the university to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Must be liable to pay his tuition fees.
- Must have a second class division or its equivalent to qualify.
Graduate Programmes at the University College, London
There are a lot of programmes and courses offered at University College, London. They include:
- Taught programmes (examples are MA, MSc, MRes).
- Research programmes (examples are MPhil, PhD).
- Teacher training programmes (an example is the PGCE).
The following are some of the graduate courses offered at the university. Search each department for admission requirements, events, open days and eligibility.
- Advanced Aesthetic Dentistry
- Advanced Architectural Research
- Advanced Audiology
- Ancient History
- Applied Analytical Chemistry
- Architectural Design
- Artifact Studies
- Banking and Digital Finance
- Bio-integrated Design
- Biomedical Sciences
- Brain and Mind Sciences
- Cardiovascular Science
- Chemical Process Engineering
- Child Development
- Child Health
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Data Science
- Dental Hygiene
- Dental Public Health
- Digital Engineering Management
- Drug Design
- Drug Sciences
- Early Modern Studies
- Earthquake Engineering with Disaster Management
- Eating Disorders and Clinical Nutrition
- Economy, State and Society: politics and the International Economy
- Engineering with Finance
- Environmental Archeology
- Environmental Systems Engineering
- European Politics and Policy
- Fine Art
- Financial Mathematics
- Gender, Society and Representation
- General Pharmacy Practice
- Geographical Hazards
- Global Governance and Ethics
- Global Prosperity; and so on.
Full Degree Programmes
There are nine full degree programmes offered at the university. They are divided into the following categories:
- Academy Profession Programmes
- Top Up Bachelor’s Programmes
- Professional Bachelor’s Programmes
The progammes include:
- Architectural Technology and Construction Management.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- International Hospitality Management
- International Sales and Marketing
- IT Technology
- Logistics Management
- Marketing Management
- Productive Development and Integrative Technology
- Service, Hospitality and Tourism Management
Apply here for The University College London UK offers scholarships for international students from Africa and developing countries to study for undergraduate, masters & PhD
UCL Global Masters Scholarship 2022 for International Students. Apply now! When is the Application Deadline: 12th May 2022 5pm BST Tell Me About UCL Global Masters Scholarship: The Global Masters Scholarship aims to enable and…
University College London in partnership with International Students House (ISH) is offering these awards: the IOE - International Student House Centenary Scholarship, and the Mary Trevelyan Centenary Scholarship (in honour of the…
The Bartlett Promise Scholarship 2022/2023: This scholarship is open to applicants who are nationals of a Bartlett approved list of Sub-Saharan African countries pursuing a Bartlett master’s programme. Read the full eligibility criteria,…
Applications for the African Graduate Scholarships for the academic year 2021/2022 are now open for African Students to study at University College London UK. Application Deadline: 3rd May 2021 Eligible Countries: African countries …
The Denys Holland Foundation is offering scholarship opportunities to financially challenged students who are willing to undertake undergraduate studies at University College, London. Application Deadline: 2nd July, 2021 Eligible…
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the SPDC Joint Venture, is delighted to announce the Ninth annual SPDC JV Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for applicants from Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and…
University College London in partnership with International Students House (ISH) is offering these awards: the IOE - International Student House Centenary Scholarship, and the Mary Trevelyan Centenary Scholarship (in honour of the founder…
The AHRI/UCL MSc Scholarship is a singular award for the UK academic year September 2020 to September 2021. The scholarship is administered via Africa Health Research Institute (AHRI) and is for applicants whose academic background and…
UCL is pleased to announce for 2019/2020 academic year: the Access Opportunity Scholarship. The intention of the Access Opportunity Scholarship is to support those, who because of their immigration status are not able to secure student…