The Chevening Ethiopia Leadership Fellowship is aimed at mid-career Ethiopian public servants and government officials with demonstrable skills in the fields of policy, innovation, and leadership. Application Deadline: 13th January 2020…
The Chevening scholarship has brought over fifty thousand exceptional professionals from around the world — Nigeria, brazil, Cameroon, Argentina, Indonesia, Jamaica, China, etc. The scholarships and fellowships are fully-funded by the UK Government for international studies in the UK. Careers have been elevated; communities, transformed; intercontinental bridges, built and perspectives, deepened.
Chevening Scholarships are strictly for a one-year Master’s degree programme in the UK.
The only criterion for application is the applicant’s ability to submit a strong application that demonstrates his/her capability to excel on an intense master’s course in the UK. He/she must also have a clear vision of the future, for himself, the community or the country. Age, gender and other criteria are not necessary.
The applicant must have at least, 2 years of working experience.
The Chevening Scholarship Award
- A university tuition fee.
- A monthly stipend.
- Travel costs, to and fro the UK.
- An arrival allowance.
- A departure allowance.
- The cost of visa application.
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK.
Application of the Chevening Scholarship
The Chevening Scholarships are very competitive in nature. There are stages of preparation every interested applicant must pass through. You must choose appropriate courses and references, and avoid common pitfalls which have hindered many from achieving their goals.
To select the right courses:
- There are three courses to be selected, you must choose them carefully after the submission of your application.
- The courses would be separately applied for directly from the universities.
- You must get an unconditional offer to be awarded a scholarship.
- It will be better to select three similar courses to be offered at three different universities. This helps to increase the likelihood of gaining admission easily.
- The course titles do not have to match, but it is important to apply for closely related courses.
- It is advisable to choose full-time and not part-time courses.
- Apply for taught courses (not research courses).
- The courses must lead to a Master’s degree qualification.
- It must be based in the UK.
- Courses cannot be less than nine months or more than 12 months in duration.
- Distance learning courses are not approved.
- The courses offered cannot last more than one month of study outside the UK.
- It is not permissible for an applicant to enroll on pre-sessional courses to fulfil your university’s English requirement or any other requirement.
- If there is a need to enroll in a pre-sessional course, the Chevening Secretariat must learn of it through the university and the award would be invalid with regards to that. The scholarship offer would as well be withdrawn.
- Some courses in the fields of science, mathematics and law are likely to include compulsory introductory elements called pre-sessional courses by the universities. If you are a candidate to that, let the Chevening programme officer know about it.
There is a fee cap applied to MBA programmes which requires that the candidate must cover any additional cost above £18000.
During the application, the applicant must provide an accurate list of courses. The courses selected must meet the Chevening criteria.
The only postgraduate diploma in the list of Chevening Scholarship is the Diplomatic Studies at the Oxford University.
References are very compulsory criteria in the selection process of Chevening.
About 160 countries of the world are eligible, except the USA.
All Chevening applications must be done online. The submission must be through the Online Application System (OAS). When using the online system, the following tips are helpful:
- Use the Google Chrome web browser, a laptop or PC (not a tablet or phone) for the best experience.
- Work in a full-sized window to make the reading easier.
- Remember your username and password.
- Enter accurate information in the right segment.
- Consider preparing the answers offline and pasting into the online form later. This is due to the length of time required to fill the form.
- The minimum word-count is 100 and the maximum, 500. Answers less than 100 are considered invalid.
- Save as you go because the limited time given for each session is 60 minutes. This will help you not to lose the whole work done. However, you could edit later.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
- The online system will only accept JPG/PNG/PDF documents not more than 5MB.
- Submit the application after thoroughly cross-checking your work.
Chevening’s Scholarship Partner Universities
- Bournemouth University.
- University of London, Birbeck.
- Brunel University, London.
- Durham University.
- University of Central Lancashire.
- University of East Anglia.
- University of Edinburgh.
- University of Exeter.
- University of Kent.
- University of Glasgow.
- University of Leeds.
- University of Nottingham.
- University of Reading.
- University of Salford.
- University of South Wales.
- University of Westminster.
- University of Warwick.
- University of Surrey.
- University of Sussex.
- University of Stirling.
- University of Southampton.
- Cardiff University.
- Queen Mary University of London.
- Robert Gordon University.
- Swansea University.
- University of Bath
- University of Birmingham
Below is a breakdown of available Chevening Scholarships. Start here to apply.
Queen Mary works closely with the Chevening - the UK government’s international scheme aimed at developing global leaders - to provide a large number of full scholarships for study on our one-year Masters courses. Application Deadline:…
Queen Mary works closely with the Chevening - the UK government’s international scheme aimed at developing global leaders - to provide a large number of full scholarships for study on our one-year Masters courses. Application Deadline: 5th…
Chevening scholarship is one of the most prestigious scholarships for international students to study in the UK. The scholarship enables outstanding emerging leaders from all over the world to pursue one-year master’s degrees in the UK.…
UK Government Chevening Scholarships is accepting applications for 2020/2021 Chevening Scholarships for graduates from developing countries. Application Deadline: 7th November 2019 12pm BST Offered annually? Yes Eligible African…
Four Ghanaians were on Wednesday presented with Chevening Scholarship awards worth about £80, 000 to undertake postgraduate studies in the UK. The highly competitive Chevening scholarships have been designed for graduates who are already…
2012 Chevening Scholarship for International Postgraduate Students from Botswana, Nigeria, Ethiopia, South Africa, Uganda, South Sudan, Zambia The Chevening Scholarship Programme is a prestigious financial aid awards scheme (funded by…