Chevening Ethiopia Leadership Fellowship 2022 for Mid-career Ethiopian Public Servants & Government Officials (Fully Funded to the UK)
The Chevening Ethiopia Leadership Fellowship is aimed at mid-career Ethiopian public servants and government officials with demonstrable skills in the fields of policy, innovation, and leadership.
Application Deadline: 2nd November 2021 12:00 GMT.
Eligible Countries: Ethiopia
To be Taken at (Country): The fellowship is hosted by Coventry University in multiple locations across the UK (London, Birmingham, Coventry, and other regions) and in Brussels, Belgium.
About the Chevening Ethiopia Leadership Fellowship: The Chevening Ethiopia Leadership Fellowship is aimed at mid-career Ethiopian public servants and government officials with demonstrable skills in the fields of policy, innovation, and leadership.
The fellowship is hosted by Coventry University in multiple locations across the UK (London, Birmingham, Coventry, and other regions) and in Brussels, Belgium.
The fellowship is funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office.
Fellows will undertake an eight-week course covering the following main themes:
- Leadership for government and public policy
- Public policy analysis and management
- Evidence based policy making
- Policy delivery mechanisms and measuring policy impact
- Personal public service leadership and impact
- Strategy setting, transparency, accountability and stakeholder engagement
- Manage change in public policy
Additionally, there will be study visits to, and project opportunities with, a variety of UK and EU government organisations. All participants will have an opportunity to study on a ‘real-life’ policy-based project and this may be accompanied by a short placement in an appropriate government agency. In addition to expert tutor-led sessions and interactive workshops, the programme will include specialist guest talks from experienced government leaders and policy makers, as well as formal and informal networking opportunities.
This fellowship programme will commence in 2022.
Eligibility: To be eligible for a Chevening Ethiopia Leadership Fellowship, you must:
- Be a citizen of Ethiopia and currently live in the country
- Return to your country of citizenship at the end of the period of the fellowship
- Have significant professional public service experience prior to applying
- Have a postgraduate level qualification, or equivalent professional training, or experience in a relevant area at the time of application
- Have excellent written and spoken English to be assessed by fellowship assessment panel
- Already be, or aspire to be, a senior leader in the Ethiopian public service
- Demonstrate a commitment to leadership development and innovation
- Not hold British or dual-British citizenship
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Each fellowship includes:
- Full programme fees.
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship.
- Return economy airfare from Ethiopia to the UK.
How to Apply: APPLY
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
FAQ on the CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIPS
Will the UK COVID-19 Guidelines make my application difficult? Definitely not. Chevening Scholarships welcome students even from COVID-19 blacklisted countries. All scholars entering the UK from a blacklisted country will have the option to book the quarantine package through Diversity Travel after you have booked your incoming flight. Chevening will pay for quarantine packages booked through Diversity Travel.
Can I stay back in the UK at the end of my course? No, Chevening Scholars cannot stay back or apply for a Graduate route visa. When you accept a Chevening Award, you agree to return home for two years at the end of your scholarship.