The BU Faculty of Management Executive Dean's Scholarship (BU Business School) is for international students wishing to undertake MBA courses at the University for the September 2020/2021 academic session. Application Deadlines: 18th…
Bournemouth University is one of the UK’s leading modern Universities. Bournemouth University was founded in 1992; however, the origins of its predecessor date back to the early 1900s with the name Bournemouth Municipal College. The college initially offered courses to prepare students for the university of London degrees.
The college became the Bournemouth College of Technology in the 1970s and was later changed to the Dorset Institute of Higher Education (DIHE). Bernard MacManus was appointed a director in 1983 and this period witnessed a significant expansion in curriculum and student numbers. The expansion under MacManus allowed the Institute to make a strong case to become a polytechnic in 1990 and in 1992, all polytechnics were awarded University status and the Institute was renamed to become Bournemouth University.
By September 1994, the University recorded over 9,000 students (nationally and internationally) to undergraduate and postgraduate degrees together with 11 professorial posts endowments. Currently, the University records over 16,000 students including over 3,000 international students.
Bournemouth University has two campuses; Talbot Campus and Lansdowne Campus. Talbot Campus is located at Fern Barrow, it houses the Students’ Union building, the main library, cafes, refectories, a doctors’ surgery, etc. While Lansdowne Campus is outside Bournemouth’s town center housing six teaching and administrative buildings, the students’ union nightclub, and various halls of residence. A Bournemouth University International College is currently being built on the campus.
There are four faculties existing in the University, they include the following;
- The Faculty of Science and Technology (Archaeology, Anthropology, Biology, Geography, Design, Engineering, Computing, Forensic Sciences, and Psychology) – home to the Festival of Design & Innovation
- The Faculty of Media and Communication – home to the Centre for Intellectual Property Policy & Management (CIPPM), the Centre for Excellence in Media Practice, the National Centre for Computer Animation, and the Centre for Broadcasting History Research
- The Faculty of Health and Social Sciences
- The Faculty of Management – home to the International Centre for Tourism & Hospitality Research.
Studying at Bournemouth University, What It Entails
- U has been rated among the top Universities in the world, year after year, by numerous respected publications. In B.U there’s a chance to enhance your academic profile.
- The diverse nature of the Bournemouth environment gives one a renewed worldview.
- For foreign students, a place at Bournemouth University affords you the chance to learn a new language.
- The B.U academic environment is highly competitive. With this competitive atmosphere comes the chance for personal development on your part.
- In B.U there’s always the opportunity of landing great career prospects after graduation.
- There’s also the chance to learn a new skill.
There are various scholarship schemes open to both national and international students for undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Academic Excellence Scholarships
- Academic Excellence Scholarship (International PG) with a value of £3,500 (tuition fee reduction). This is open to any international applicant for a full-time taught postgraduate course or master’s by research at BU, with a minimum of an upper second class honors degree or international equivalent grades or a CPE with a merit profile.
- BU Academic Excellence Scholarship ( International UG) with a value of £2,500( tuition fee reduction). Available to any international applicant (for fee purposes) applying for a full-time undergraduate course at BU and also who achieves equivalent to ABB or above at A-level.
- BU International Partnership Scholarship (International PG) Beijing Normal University Zhuhai Campus. This is available to any Chinese student who is studying a course with BNUZ and who applies for a taught postgraduate degree at BU. The scholarship worths £2,00 (tuition fee reduction).
Academic Excellence Scholarship (International PG) with a value of £3,500 (tuition fee reduction). This is open to any international applicant for a full-time taught postgraduate course or master’s by research at BU, with a minimum of an upper second class honors degree or international equivalent grades or a CPE with a merit profile.
- BU International Partnership Scholarship, Financial University, Russia (International PG) with a value of £2,000 (tuition fee reduction). This is available to any Russian student who has completed a relevant course at Financial University, must be a resident in Russia at the time of application, and must be studying a relevant course in the faculty of management.
Value of Scholarship/ Benefits
- Scholarships help to lessen the impact of the rising cost of tuition.
- Scholarships decrease the number and amount of loans students need to complete higher education.
- Scholarships enable students to have more time to focus on their studies.
- Scholarships encourage students to pursue their dreams
- Scholarships teach philanthropy. By being the student recipient of a scholarship, it is hoped that the students will become philanthropic themselves and “give back” when they are financially able.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission To Bournemouth
- MBA (3 Courses): IELTS (6-6.5), PTE (54-58)
- MS (4 Courses): IELTS (6 & Above), PTE (54 & Above)
- MIM (1 Course): IELTS (6 & Above), PTE (54 & Above)
- BBA (2 Courses): IELTS (6 & Above), PTE (54 & Above)
- BSc (1 Course): IELTS (6 & Above), PTE (54 & Above)
- MA (2 Courses): IELTS (6.5-7), PTE (58-62)
- MFin (1 Course): IELTS (6.5 & Above), PTE (58 & Above)
- BE/Btech (2 Courses): IELTS (6 & Above), PTE (54 & Above)
- Other Courses (1 Course): IELTS (6.5 & Above), PTE (58 & Above)
Cost of Living
The living expenses which include Housing + Catering (Lansdowne Point) is £207.67 per week
Below are available scholarships at Bournemouth University – start now to apply
Bournemouth University in conjunction with the UK government is offering the BU Commonwealth Shared Scholarship. Students from developing Commonwealth countries who are applying for the below courses are eligible for the award.…
The Reham al-Farra International Scholarship in Journalism is offered to an international applicant for MA Multimedia Journalism within the Faculty of Media & Communication at Bournemouth University. Application Deadline: 31st May…
The BU Vice Chancellor's Scholarship is offered to any students applying for a full-time postgraduate course with BU who achieves a high level of academic study in their undergraduate studies. Application Deadline: 31st of May 2017 | …
Scholarship Name: Bournemouth University Undergraduate Overseas Scholarships Brief description The Bournemouth University UK offers fee reduction Scholarships for overseas fee paying students for September 2013 entry Accepted…