10 best ways on how to make money from your phone
With the advance of technology, people are now very curious about how to make money from their phones most especially in South Africa, Nigeria, and Kenya. Now everyone is using a smartphone with either an iOS or Android-enabled operating system. It is possible to earn money just by using your smartphone, so you can use that as a way of supporting your basic salary or income and have extra money to use for special needs and purposes. People around the world are earning cash which is called, mobile money through different methods, from paid surveys, making money with YouTube, and so on.
These smartphones come with many apps which are installed already or can be downloaded on the smartphone. There are many more apps been released into the market every day and the possibility of making money with the help of these apps has increased accordingly. With the increase in job search and unavailability of jobs, there are now many ways in which one can earn money with the use of the smartphone. Some of these ways include;
- Answering survey questions
- As a Freelancer
- Field agent
- Online customer service
- Virtual assistant
- Digital marketing
- Playing games
- Watching videos etc.
These jobs can be done as full-time or part-time workers. You can keep your normal job and use these online jobs as a way of earning extra cash in your pocket to pay your bills.
10 best ways on how to make money from your phone That Actually Works
1. Freelance: this is one of the surest ways to make money with the use of your phone whether you are in Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, or anywhere in the World. All you need is a good smartphone and a good internet connection, if you have a laptop it is an added advantage for you. You can get writing jobs online, data entry jobs too. Sites that pay for such works are Fiverr, Guru.com, Peopleperhour, and so on. We have a lot of people that make a lot of money with their smartphones as a freelancer in Nigeria, South Africa or Kenya alone in 2020 and 2021.
2. Surfing the web and watching videos online: a good number of websites and apps pay good money for being on their site, either by watching adverts, short video clips, and so on. Some of these apps are listed below:
- Swagbucks: This is one of the most popular apps where you can make money by shopping, watching videos, and answering paid surveys. In the end, you can redeem your money through PayPal or use of gift cards.
- Fronto: this is another app that allows you to read news articles, product deals, and reviews, as well as watch adverts to earn points. You can also earn bonus points for downloading free apps.
3. Shop: there are smartphone apps that pay you to shop for items already on your shopping list, ranging from groceries, clothes, perfumes, and toiletries. Here are some popular get paid to shop apps:
- Ibotta: Before you go shopping, you complete a few simple tasks on the app, each related to favourite brands or products you usually buy. All you have to do is go to the store, you take a picture of your receipt after making payments and you are credited with a cashback amount. You can cash out via PayPal.
- Shopkick: This app pays you for spending time in certain stores you can shop at. All you do here is to scan barcodes and get points you can redeem for gift cards to use at your favourite stores.
4. Sell Items you don’t need anymore: we all have things we are not in need of anymore and you can sell them on various sites online for cash. All you need to do is to take clear pictures of what you need to sell and place them online with the price tag and your phone number. Below are some notable sites you can sell your things with your phones and make money:
- Jiji: on this app, it helps sellers to meet potential buyers. You will snap your product or whatever you need to sell and place them in various categories already sorted on the app and you put in your price and phone number in order for buyers to contact you. People make money on this app with their phone most especially in Nigeria.
- Poshmark: just like the Jiji app, you take pictures of the clothing you want to sell and immediately post them for sale. Poshmark is also a marketplace where you can buy and sell other things.
- eBay: on eBay, you sign up for an account, post items for sale, and wait for customers to bid. It is very simple, fast and also easy to use.
5. Play Games: for game lovers, you are not left out as there are apps that pay really well for you to test their games and give them feedback, all you need is your phone and make your money. An example of the app that pays to play the game is:
- Qriket: In this app, all you do is spin a wheel to win money. You select colours and spin the wheel. Although, it’s not a great money-making app you are sure to get a very decent amount.
6. Paid surveys: one of the best methods of making money on your phone is by filling out online surveys. You can use your opinions to earn money by visiting survey sites to share your thoughts which are very valuable to companies that are willing to pay money for them. Examples of such sites and apps are:
- Opinion space: on this site, you will need to create an account with your email then you start getting notifications of new surveys available. You then fill then out and get paid.
- InboxDollars: there are many ways you can make money with InboxDollars, like watch videos, click on adverts, read emails, shop online, surf the internet and also do surveys.
7. Download apps and earn: there are apps that give you rewards i.e money for downloading and keeping them on your phone. Market research companies like to collect data and keep anonymous to study the trends. It is better to go with only trusted brands with such apps in order not to be scammed. Here is a free app that can help you make a lot of money.
8. Virtual assistant: you can work as an assistant to someone who has a lot to do. There are individuals and cooperate organizations who are in search of virtual assistants and are willing to pay them very well. You don’t need a physical office to do this, from the comfort of your home you can monitor this and work conveniently. We have a lot of young guys that make a lot of money as Virtual assistants using their smartphones in countries like South Africa, Nigeria, and Kenya in 2020 and 2021.
9. Online tutor: if you are knowledgeable and have the skill to impact your knowledge onto others, you can start an online tutoring class that people can access and pay for. It can be on an individual or a large class option. You can pick out a particular subject or course you are very confident in and impact the knowledge on other people and as well make a reasonable income.
10. Make YouTube videos: YouTube has been known to be a good site where one can make extra cash. You can either make short skits for fun, online tutorial classes on how to make a cake, tie gele, make a simple dress and so on and thereby earn a good amount of money. All you need is to own a YouTube channel where you can post your videos and get people to subscribe to your channel and get paid. It is a good source of making money just with the use of your smartphone.
Apps That You Can Make Money From Your Smartphone
- Foap: this is an app, that works very well on both iOS and Android operating system. It centres only on photography, photos are uploaded and sold on the Foap Market, where businesses and individuals may choose to buy your photos if they are of good quality and very clear. The good part of this app is that each photo can sell an unlimited amount of times and there is no limit to how many photos you can upload on the site.
- SwagBucks: this app rewards you for Internet searches and when you earn enough money, you can exchange it for real money that gets transferred into your PayPal account. You can also earn money on Swagbucks through surveys and watching adverts.
- Locket: This app pays you to unlock your smartphone. The application places paid advertisements on your lock screen and when you turn your phone on, you swipe one direction to look at the advertisement and at another to access your phone. An algorithm tracker is placed there to track how many adverts you view during the day and rewards you based on the number of times you viewed the adverts.
- Receipt Hog: is a smartphone app for iOS and Android operating system devices that collects data regarding spending habits by analyzing the information found on uploaded receipts. It could be a receipt from a gas station, a grocery store, a department store, a convenience store or a restaurant. When you upload a receipt, the app rewards you virtual coins which you can turn the coins into cash and transfer the money to your PayPal account.
- Easy Shift: various companies make use of this app to find out how their products are selling at retail outlets. All you need to do is to use your phone to scan bar codes and enter the price that the product is being sold for.
- My Likes: is a great money-making app you need on your smartphone. This app allows you to participate in various advertising campaigns and rewards you money for likes and shares of the posts on Facebook, Twitter and other social media channels. People with large followers can make a large amount of money with the My Likes app.
There are tons of ways in which you can make money with your smartphone and most of them are really simple and easy. Whether it is playing games, filling out surveys, freelance, or watching adverts you will still earn extra income to support your basic salary. It really pays to use your smartphone for something more productive and beneficial than reading other people’s posts and comments online. Making money with your smartphone doesn’t promise to get you rich but at least help you solve your basic needs and put extra cash into your pocket.