Scholarships in Finland
Why study in Finland?
Scholarships in Finland offers over 400 bachelors and Master’s degree programme taught in English. There are also Doctoral and Research options available for candidates. International students also have the option of studying in Finnish or Swedish and must be fluent in the languages.
For bachelor’s programmes, you need an upper secondary school certificate and its equivalent. UAS bachelor’s degree amounts to 210-270ECTS credits and the duration is between 3.5 and 4.5 years. University bachelor’s degree amounts to 180 ECTS credits and the duration is 3 years.
To study for a Master’s degree, you must be a holder of a bachelor’s degree. You will need to get at least, 2 years of working experience in the field in addition.
UAS Master’s degree takes between 1 to 1.5 years to complete and amounts to 60-90 ECTS credits. University Master’s degree takes 2 years of full-time study, which amounts to 120 ECTS credits.
For Doctoral programmes, you need a Master’s degree for your eligibility to apply. This usually takes around four years to complete and consists of 240 ECTS credits.
To study in Finland, the tuition fee for Non-European students is around €20000 per year’s intuition.
For scholarship applications, it is done alongside study application; find out the scholarship options and apply them in time. Scholarship applications are handled directly through the universities.
Scholarships for international students are mostly offered on merit and there is a certain quota for each degree programme.
It is important that you pay your tuition fees on time, this will help you to apply for a resident permit to obtain your student visa.
To live in Finland is not totally cheap, however, you could get something decent as a student. Living in the capital city, Helsinki is costlier than smaller towns. Your budget should be about €700 to €1000 per month. To live in a students’ residence hall will be cheaper than opting for private accommodation.
The University of Helsinki, Aalto University and the University of Turku are the leading universities.
Top Scholarships in Finland
The following are a list of scholarships available for international students
Your Company Formation Business Scholarship.
The scholarship is available for both undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
- A student at a recognized institution.
- Has excellent skills and a letter of recommendation from a tutor.
- Has the zeal to run his/her own business.
- Has proof of financial incapacitation.
The benefit includes a bursary of $1000 which is designed to help students with their educational costs.
- A letter of recommendation from a tutor or coordinator.
- The latest result from your course.
- An essay of 500 words, explaining why you are suitable for the scholarship.
Maid Sailors Big Dreams Scholarship
Maid Sailor is a cleaning company passionate education and would like to give some scholarships to individuals who display penchants for education.
This application is open for students in high school, colleges, universities or trade schools.
A scholarship grant of $1500
The sum of $3000 will be awarded to the best candidate. The scholarship will be awarded in cheque form and payable to the winner’s current university. This is for all students enrolled in a college or university (bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD).
- Must be a student pursuing any degree or majors in any degree.
- Must not be below 18.
- Must write on the topic “Future of the E-Commerce: Small Business vs E-Commerce Giants.
Fill the form at TeeTRND.com with the following information: name, age, university, major, email, essay text or link.
Science and Law Scholarship
This programme is a fully-funded scholarship open to undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. The scholarship is strictly for students in science and law only.
Full tuition fee, accommodation allowance, health insurance funds and monthly living expenses.
General Eligibility Criteria
- Must be 24 years or below.
- Must be taught in English in the previous school.
- Two recommended letters from the previous school.
- Study plan or statement of purpose is required with application.
- Pre-admission letter of any Science and Law School under 1000 QS ranking score or a successful admission letter of the current school (not more than 3 months).
- Holds 75% score in high school.
- Candidate must be under 30 for Master’s Programme.
- The previously taught course must be in English.
- Pre-admission letter of any Science and Law School under 1000 QS score; or, a successful admission letter in the current school.
- Two recommended letters from previous tutors.
- Research-based Law Programmes must submit the research proposals.
- OppU Achievers Scholarships.
- Scholarships for orphans.
- Scholarship for students breaking the mold.
- Sustainability Scholarship GreenMatch.
- Trendhim Talent Scholarship.
Application opens for Finland scholarships for international students every year. These are either partial or full fee scholarships for undergraduate, master or PhD/doctoral degrees.
Start here to apply for scholarships in Finland for International students, from African and developing countries around the world.
Looking for masters or PhD scholarships in Finland for international students? You just found it. Finland universities currently offer over 400 bachelor’s and master’s degree programmes taught in English. Doctoral study and research…
One of the best ways to study for free as a foreign student in another country is to apply for international scholarships offered by the government of that country. It will interest you to know that every year, the Government of several…
A generous scholarship scheme which can cover the tuition fee either in full or partially is offered to those students who are required to pay tuition. Application Deadline: 20th January 2021 15:00 (GMT +2). Eligible Countries: …
Hanken School of Economics is offering two premium scholarships to students currently studying at or alumni of GBSN member schools from developing countries for Hanken’s 2-year Master’s Degree programme in 2021. Application Deadline:…
The University of Oulu, Finland Scholarships are provided to academically talented international students. Students who are not citizens of an EU/EEA member state are liable to pay the tuition fee. Application Timeline: 20th January…