Best Schools for MBA in Marketing
Earning an MBA in marketing can offer you a priceless reward in the long run and is also one of the best postgraduate programs that last for typically two years. With a marketing MBA, you will gain such benefits as career advancement opportunities, increased earnings, knowledge building and skill development.
Below are the best schools for MBA available for you.
The to 10 Best Schools for MBA in Marketing
- Northwestern University (Kellogg) Business School
The Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University offers a variety of degree programs for its students. There are both full-time and part-time programs with classes in the evenings and on weekends.
The school also offers the following concentrations: accounting, economics, marketing, leadership, economics, healthcare administration, finance, general management, entrepreneurship, statistics and operations research, technology and a host of others.
For full-time studies, the tuition is $74 871 per annum; part-time studies is $7 273 per credit, and executive studies is $108 918 per annum.
- Duke University (Fuqua) Business School
The Fuqua Business School, Duke University, offers a variety of programs to students interested in obtaining their MBA degree in the school. The concentrations include accounting, consulting, economics, marketing, leadership, management, logistics, quantitative analysis and organizational behaviour.
The tuition for the full-time program is $70 000 per annum; the executive program is $149 500, and speciality master’s program is $69 800. At graduation, 85% of graduates receive immediate employment.
- University of Pennsylvania, Wharton Business School
The Wharton Business School at the University of Pennsylvania was the first US business school. Currently, it has the largest alumni network in the country.
The school offers students the opportunity to pursue joint degrees in three years and a PhD course in four to five years. Students also learn various skills like a critical decision, stress management, teamwork, leadership, and so on. Programs offered at the school include marketing, management, finance, insurance, international business, public policy, real estate, and operations research.
Additionally, It offers only a full-time program with a tuition of $80 432 per year.
- Birmingham MBA, University of Birmingham
This is one of the the top MBA schools with a ‘triple crown’ accreditation from the AACSB (Association of Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), AMBA (Association of MBAs) and EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System). The school is aimed at developing global business leaders and entrepreneurs through research-led programs of international repute.
The courses offered at the school include both full-time and part-time courses.
Tuition: Full-time MBA program is 30 450 pounds for both Home and International students; Executive MBA is 30 450 – 2 537 pounds per module; online MBA is 1 660 every eight weeks.
- Schulich’s Master of Business Administration, York University, Canada
Ranked number one in Canada by Forbes, CNN Expansion and Corporate Knights. The school combines the advanced content, skills and relevance necessary for global leaders to succeed in business. They help students learn skills integrate social, principled, environmental and economic considerations while taking decisions.
The full-time MBA offers a flexible option to complete an MBA program in either 16 or 20 months. Students with an undergraduate degrees and work experience stand the chance to qualify for the eight-month Accelerated MBA.
Tuition: While domestic students pay $70 100 CAD, international students pay $103 800 CAD.
- Harvard Business School (HBS)
Harvard Business School uses a Case-based learning method to teach and it requires the students to study and provide solutions to the cases related to managerial issues. The first-year curriculum for marketing requires students to study marketing courses and have an understanding of the fundamentals of the course. Furthermore, students acquire both quantitative and analytical skills. For the second year, they can pick marketing as an elective and such course offered include E-commerce, sales management and strategy, business and retailing.
There is also the alumni mentorship program that helps students to connect with the alumni in the industry. The major recruiters include PepsiCo, Netflix, Nike and Strauss.
- Michigan Ross School of Business
The school uses concepts from economics, statistics, psychology, neuroscience, and engineering to tackle marketing-related issues for their programmes. In addition, combines a solid research-based curriculum with a hands-on learning approach with the majority of its work done outside the classroom whilw organizing case studies, industry speaker events and industrial conferences.
The average GMAT is 710 with an average work experience of 5.3 years. The first-year curriculum consists of nine courses with Multidisciplinary Action Project (MAP).
- Frankfurt School of Finance and Management, Germany
The Frankfurt School of Finance and Management offers a variety of courses in business and finance, including a core course in marketing. The duration of the full-time program is 12 months, with class commencing in October. The part-time program lasts for 21 months and relies on diverse corporate connections to help students transition to their post-MBA careers.
Tuition is 39 000 euros for a full-time program.
- University of Warwick – Warwick Business School
Warwick Business School focuses on their core values in cultivating a Change Maker culture for both staff and students. Aside from academic studies, the students embark on personal development to enable them to reach their full potential. Courses offered include consulting, marketing, business analytics, business and finance, accounting, management, and many more. It holds the ‘triple crown’ accreditation from AACSB, AMBA, and EQUIS. It is a great business research centre.
Tuition is between 19 010 and 47 380 euros per year.
- Erasmus University of Rotterdam, the Netherlands
This is a Dutch university that offers a variety of programs in Europe, including MBA programs. It is reputable for its experimental learning environments. The school integrates academic research with an excellent, challenging and inspiring academic curriculum that touches all areas of -study. It offers both full-time studies and an executive MBA. MBA courses offered at the university include accounting and finance, business analytics, corporate communication, data science and marketing analytics, business information management, the economics of marketing and organizations, marketing, marketing management, and so on.
Tuition is 28 900 – 52 000 euros per year.
Recommended Video – Best Computer Skills Employers Are Looking for – How to Use it to get a Job
Career Options Available
Studying MBA in Marketing offers you numerous career options after graduation. You can pitch your tent in areas like brank marketing, sales, product management, leadership, management, market research and consumer behaviour.
- Brand Manager: a brand manager is burdened with maintaining brand integrity and values across all networks. They adapt the brand strategy for target market, while maintaining brand values in all levels of marketing. They also study customer insights and deliver effective marketing promotions which generate leads and attract customers.
- Sales Manager: any company with poor sales team is already doomed for failure. The sales manager makes sure the sales team reach the right customers and meet the target sales. They set quotas, evaluate performance of the team and make adjustments where necessary as well as find new and improved methods that would help in driving sales.
- Business Development Manager: a business development manager ensures that the organization grows and develops at an acceptable rate. They identify new business opportunities which would help to generate revenues and increase profitability. They also plan and strategize the best ways to position the organization for visibility.
- Digital Marketing Manager: digital marketing manager are usually armed with the right marketing tools that will help in running digital marketing promotions. They also work closely with and support the marketing team, while coming with a concept to execute the right campaigns.
- SEO or SEM Manager: the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Manager or a Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Manager is responsible for managing the paid campaigns for the brand. They handle display ads on Google. They also strategize, budget and execute operations relating to campaigns.
Finally, you can see that the MBA in marketing prepares you for more than careers in marketing. While undergoing your training, you will equally learn skills in different subjects like mathematics, accounting, advertising, communications, analytics and management. These skills help you to manoeuvre so many challenges in your career development. With internship programs after your studies, you will gain experience that large corporations may not be able to provide.