Business studies, especially MBA degrees remain the most popular choice for international studies. What if you cannot afford to go study abroad due to a global pandemic? Then, an online MBA from a reputable international business school might be the next best thing!
Table of Contents
What are the best online MBA schools in the world?
Finding a comprehensive list for the best online MBA school may not be so easy and straightforward. Hence, we have compiled a list of the best online MBA schools in the 4 top locations (United States, United Kingdom, Europe and Australia) for international studies.
Here are accredited online MBA schools that offer internationally recognised degrees.
- West Texas A & M University
The online Master of Business Administration program at West Texas A&M University is designed for working professionals. On average, students complete the program in two years, although enrollees have up to six years to finish the coursework. The curriculum includes core courses in accounting, economics, computer technology, marketing, and international business. All students must complete 28-30 credits, including a capstone course, to graduate. The College of Business also offers several opportunities for students to gain international experience through study abroad programs.
- Swiss School Of Business and Management, Switzerland
An innovative school offering premium research and education with the assistance of over 30 prestigious industry partners. SSBM embraces student diversity and upholds the greatest standards of teaching excellence.
- London School of International Business, UK
With over 90 online Master’s degrees in Business & Management, LSIB is focused on offering students great programmes and great possibilities.
- European University Cyprus (EUC), Cyprus
EUC is one of the leading institutions of higher education in Cyprus, joining the Laureate International Universities network in 2005.
The university offers two years online MBA degree, entirely taught in English. Helping students work with updated learning materials made exclusively for the distance education teaching model or adapted for this purpose by the instructors.
- IUBH University of Applied Sciences, Germany
This German university offers great online MBAs, that focus on preparing its students for the post-graduation working life. By looking over real-life examples of utilising marketing and entrepreneurship theories, students will be ready for the job market.
- IE Business School, Spain
The university is highly valued for its innovation and learning technologies. The school offers distance learning MBA programmes in a variety of formats, from Global MBAs to Executive MBAs.
The programmes are blended, with a 20% face-to-face ratio, taking 15 months to complete.
- Lancaster University
Ranked 160th in the world rankings and within the top 100 for both accounting and business, Lancaster University’s distance learning platform offers a large number of online degrees and postgraduate certificates across all degree levels, including many courses in leadership and management, such as the MSc in Leadership Practice and Responsibility taught by the management school.
- University of Birmingham
The leading university in the UK’s second-largest city, the University of Birmingham is 64th in the overall world rankings and also features among the top 150 worldwide for accounting, business and economics. Although still growing its online education department, the school currently offers an online MBA, an MSc in international business and a master’s degree in public administration.
Choosing an Online MBA Program
According to the National Center for Education Statistics, an MBA is the most popular of all master’s degree programs. Recent statistics available from the 2017-2018 school year show that more than 192,000 people earned MBAs in that year alone, a number that continues to increase. Earning an MBA degree equips graduates with specialised knowledge and skills that may give them a competitive edge in the job market.
Is an Online MBA More Affordable?
In general, yes, an online Master of Business Administration (MBA) is more affordable than a traditional MBA. For a school that offers both online and in-person MBA programs, the cost difference between both may be significant depending on the school. For example, the tuition fees at Purdue University for an Executive MBA from the Krannert School of Business total $85,000, compared to its online MBA program at $36,860. Distance learning minimises expenses related to transportation and living on or near campus, and it generally doesn’t require a student to quit working while pursuing a degree the way a traditional education sometimes can.
What to consider when choosing an online MBA?
Many factors go into selecting the best online MBA program for a student’s individual needs. For many, tuition is the most important consideration, but during a school search, students may also want to research each school’s financial aid options and other student resources.
Additionally, accreditation is an important factor to consider. The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accredits online MBA programs and ensures that the curriculum and faculty meet predetermined standards of excellence in higher education.
Do online MBA have value?
You may be wondering whether an online MBA is worth pursuing or whether you will still have access to the advantages that come with a traditional MBA program.
The answer is yes!
Today’s recruiters understand that an online degree from a reputable, accredited university is equal to a traditional degree. An accredited Online MBA, shows that the curriculum has been evaluated and proven to meet the same accepted standards for academic rigour as on-campus programs.It also demonstrates that courses are taught by competent, and experienced instructors and that students are reaching desired learning outcomes, such as developing specific skills and abilities relevant to the degree.
Need an MBA scholarship? – These are Top 10 Schools Offering MBA Scholarships
Here are 9 Most Profitable And In Demand Careers To Pursue Today
Common Online MBA Courses and Concentrations
The following are a list of core courses for an online MBA degree.
- Finance: Sometimes referred to as managerial finance, finance is a required course in most online MBA degree programs. Coursework focuses on the practical application of financial concepts, enabling future managers to make sound financial decisions. Topics covered include financial analysis, capital investment decisions, and the valuation of financial and real assets.
- Financial Accounting: At the master’s degree level, students taking this course learn to interpret numbers, evaluate the financial health of an organisation, and predict likely outcomes for financial decisions. The program curriculum for a specialisation in financial accounting includes courses in managerial accounting, taxation, and auditing. According to PayScale, CPAs earn anywhere from $56,000 to $140,000 annually.
- International Business: International business provides a broad survey of key concepts such as cultural and political forces, world economics, theoretical frameworks, and government involvement in business. Students pursuing an MBA in international business will study management, economics, finance, and marketing from the perspective of global organisations.
- Management Information Systems: A class in management information systems covers IT hardware and software, network administration, database administration, and telecommunications. People interested in assuming leadership roles in the field of technology may consider a concentration in this topic. The curriculum combines many elements of a general MBA program with specialised IT courses. The median annual salary for IT managers in 2019 was $146,360, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Marketing Management: This course offersa broad overview of marketing management principles. Topics include strategic planning, buyer behavior, target markets, positioning, and pricing. According to the Bureau of Labor Statics, the current median annual salary for a marketing manager is about $136,000.
- Operations Management: Operations management (OM) involves the systems and processes used to produce and deliver goods and services. Online OM courses focus on applying concepts like data analytics, lean management, and quality management to improving an organisation’s operations. Students pursuing an OM concentration will also study topics such as supply chain management, forecasting, process design, and strategy. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, operations managers typically earn six-figure incomes with median annual salaries near $123,000.
- Organisational Behavior: Organisational behavior focuses on people—how they interact with each other and their work environments. In general, a class on organisational behavior will look at the impact individuals, groups, and organisational structures have on human behavior in the workplace. Among the many topics covered are motivation, conflict, leadership, and change management.
Here we have them- The Best Schools for MBA online. Find out more details about these schools from their official websites.