ACU Higher Education and the SDGs Challenge Grants 2021 – Call for Applications
Four grants of GBP 2,500 are available for staff at ACU member universities to help meet the costs of organising projects that promote the aims and priorities of the Higher Education and the SDGs Network.
Application Deadline: 26th May at 23:59 (UTC)
About the Award: We believe that international collaboration is key to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) agenda. The ACU Higher Education and the SDGs Challenge Grants fund collaborative work for professional and academic staff at member universities.
Eligible Field(s): The grants focus on the ACU Higher Education and the SDGs priority themes, which are:
- Teaching and learning
- Estates and stewardship
- Engagement and impact
The grants can be used for a diverse range of projects, workshops, and events in areas such as:
- Integrating sustainable development into operations
- Sharing SDG learning content and materials
- Developing SDG-focused research strategies
- Co-creating research for impact, community engagement, and partnerships for the goals.
The grants can be used to cover the cost of delivering various activities, including:
- Virtual exchange or collaboration, teaching/professional practice collaboration, sharing and co-development of learning materials, tools, training and approaches to support contingency and continuity of operations planning at higher education institutions (HEI’s), etc.
- Virtual fellowships or collaboration, comparative analyses, research management and uptake capacity building.
Eligible Universities: ACU Member Universities
Number of Awards: 4
Value of Award: GBP 2,500
How to Apply: You will need to provide an outline of the project and an action plan, including details of what it involves and how it will address the Higher Education and the SDGs Network’s themes. The project action plan is requested for a minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 12 months.
You will also be asked to submit a letter of support from the Executive Head or equivalent of your institution to verify their support of your proposed project.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.