Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) Full PhD Scholarship Programme in Climate Change and Land Use 2021
The WASCAL Doctoral Research Programme in Climate Change and Land Use (DRP-CCLU) is pleased to announce fully funded (tuition, stipend, research and travel grants) scholarships available for applicants from its eleven (11) West African member countries to study for PhD in Climate Change and Land Use at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Kumasi, Ghana.
Application Deadline: 30th June 2021
About the Award: The DRP through the School of Graduate Studies, KNUST is pleased to announce availability of scholarships. All applicants are encouraged to indicate on the fee-paying forms their willingness or otherwise to be enrolled as self-financing students with alternative means of sponsorship in case they do not qualify for scholarship.
Eligibility: In conformity with the entry requirement of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, the successful candidate will have a minimum of:
- Second Class (Upper Division) in their First degree and a good Master’s degree in Soil Science, Agricultural Engineering (Soil and Water Engineering option), Civil Engineering (Water Resources/Hydrology option), Geomatic Engineering, Natural Resources (Silviculture and Forestry, and Watershed management), Mathematics, Geography, Land Economy, Atmospheric Physics, Climatology, and other relevant disciplines, with an average of at least 60 %. Submit academic transcripts as evidence.
- English Proficiency as indicated below:
- Must have first or second degree with English language as the medium of instruction, OR
- Must have an internationally recognised Certificate of Proficiency in the English Language (TOEFL or IELTS) with above average score.
- Otherwise, the candidate will have to undertake a three-month pre-master’s intensive English course at University of Cape Coast.
- Full time availability for a period of forty-two months.
- Demonstrate adequate intellectual capacity, maturity and effective decision making and problem-solving potentials.
- Experience with modelling and GIS would be an advantage but not a prerequisite.
- Must be able to travel to Germany for a period of 3 – 6 months
To be Taken at (Country): KNUST, Ghana
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Scholarship-holding PhD fellows will receive a monthly stipend to cover accommodation and other expenses for the duration of the programme. Approved travel costs, costs for fieldwork, etc., will be reimbursed. The disbursement of scholarship funds will be connected to the successful delivery of research work deliverables to be agreed upon between the programme Director, the Supervisor, and the PhD fellow at the onset of the research work.
- Field research will be sponsored after a successful course work and defence of a PhD proposal. The PhD fellow can travel to Germany once during the PhD fellowship period to participate in PhD level courses and joint supervision, if their conditions allow. The trip will be 3 – 6 months in duration. Airfare will be paid for by WASCAL and a monthly stipend to cater for lodging and personal expenses in Germany.
How to Apply: Apply in link below
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.