University of Pretoria Engineering PhD Scholarship 2021/2022 for International Students
Two engineering PhD scholarships in internatl forced convection heat transfer for prospective International students who wish to study at the University of Pretoria.
Application Deadline: 30th June 2021
About the Award: The University of Pretoria invites International (not RSA) applications from graduates to apply for PhD (doctoral in engineering) or PhD (applied science) fellowships at the University. The fellowships are in the Department of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering.
Eligible Field(s): Department of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering.
Eligibility: Ideal candidate should be:
- Highly motivated and creative
- Good communication skills
- Expertise in experimental heat transfer
- Preferably have a Masters in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
To be Taken at: The University of Pretoria
Number of Awards: 2
Value & Duration of Award:
- Doctoral fellowships are awarded annually (depending on good progress) for a three year period
- The total monetary value of the fellowships is sufficient to include for tuition fees, accommodation, travel, and living costs (which are much cheaper than most other countries in the world).
How to Apply: The application process consists of two steps. The first step is to forward a short cover letter, CV/resume and full academic record to the Head of the Department, at:
Prof JP Meyer
Head: Department of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering
University of Pretoria
Department of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering
Pretoria, 0002 South Africa
Email: [email protected]
If selected, then the second step follows, which is an online interview, research proposal (with reference letters) that
needs to be submitted.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.