IDRC establishing research chairs on forced displacement in the Middle East and East Africa
This call for proposals is open to universities based in low- and middle-income countries in the Middle East and East Africa. Applicants must have a strong track record in research as well as community and policy outreach.
Application Deadline: 3rd August 2021 – 17:00
About the Award: The aim of the research chair positions is to empower institutions in the Middle East and East Africa to define research agendas on forced displacement. The research chairs will also lead on identifying practical, gender-transformative solutions that promote the social, economic, political, and health rights of forcibly displaced persons and host communities.
The research chairs will:
- commit to excellence in research and teaching on forced displacement, and mentor early-career scholars in this field
- be demand driven and responsive, and reflect specific thematic and sectoral, as well as sub-national, national, and regional priorities and capacities
- complement IDRC’s strategic priorities
- ensure an interdisciplinary, multisectoral, and gender-transformative approach to studying forced displacement
- ensure a strong linkage with community research, policy influence, and programming initiatives, including with refugee-led responses
- ensure that the research conducted has a strong connection to policy processes — from local to national, regional, and global
- collaborate with research chairs in other regions, including those supported by IDRC, to reinforce the collective impact of localized knowledge production on forced displacement
Eligible Field(s): Development Health Governance Social Policy Economics
Eligibility: To be eligible, applicants should demonstrate institutional expertise and commitment to advancing knowledge on forced displacement, as well as a commitment to advancing gender equality, inclusion, and equity.
Eligible Countries: Kenya Tanzania Uganda Rwanda Burundi Djibouti Eritrea Ethiopia Sudan Egypt, Lebanon Jordan Iraq West Bank and Gaza
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: CA$600,000 each
Duration of Award: Up to 60 months
How to Apply: If you are eligible for this opportunity we welcome you to submit an application.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.