NIMASA World Maritime Day Essay Competition 2021 for Young Nigerians
The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) invites applications from qualified candidates for the 2020 World Maritime Day Essay Competition:
Title: Sustainable Shipping for Sustainable Planet
Application Deadline: 18th February, 2021.
About the Award: The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) is organizing an essay competition to commemorate the 2020 World Maritime Day with the theme “Sustainable Shipping for Sustainable Planet”, in line with the theme of the 2020 World Maritime Day
The essay competition is designed to create awareness of the tremendous opportunities in the maritime sector and engender the interest of Nigerian youths to pursue careers in it.
The World Maritime Day is celebrated by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and member states globally to focus attention on the importance of shipping safety, maritime security, marine environment, seafarers and other specific aspects of IMO’s work.
- The essay competition is open to only Year 1 and Year 2 students of Nigerian tertiary institutions
- Participants are required to scan bona fide proof of studentship alongside their essays. Proof should include letters of admission and identity cards of the institution
- Essays should be maximum of 1,200 words (+ or – 10%) double spaced in MS Word and font size 12
- Plagiarism will not be accepted
- Essay should end with the name, telephone number and e-mail address of the participant
- Essays that do not follow the guidelines will be disqualified
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
Value & Number of Awards:
- N500,000 Education grant plus a laptop and a plaque plus publication of the winning essay in NIMASA’s magazine, The VOYAGE, & the NIMASA’s website.
- N350,000 Education grant plus a laptop and plaque
- N250,000 Education grant plus a laptop and plaque
- 7 Consolation Awards of N100,000 Education grant each and plaque
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.