One Young World COVID-19 Young Leaders Fund 2020
One Young World, the global forum for young leaders, is establishing a fund for young leaders on the frontlines of the COVID-19 response.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
About the Award: Around the world, One Young World Ambassadors are combatting the Coronavirus with the most innovative methods in the most challenging circumstances.
By directing money to leaders on the front lines, we can insure that resources are being accessed by those who need them most.
This global crisis demands a global response. One Young World will meet that challenge.
- Focussed on the SDG’s with a clear connection to combatting Covid-19, for example:
- SDG 3: producing medical supplies to tackle the infection or symptoms of the virus
- SDG 4: providing resources to disadvantaged children to support the continuation of education during school closures
- SDG 5: protecting victims of domestic violence during lockdown
- SDG 6: providing sanitation resources to help prevent the spread of the virus
- SDG 8: creating work for unemployed persons in vital sectors
- All countries around the world
- Producing direct, quantifiable impact
- Apolitical in nature
- Must not be operated for profit
- Impacting >500 people directly
- Focussed on assisting the most vulnerable in society
- Operational (or ready to start within 3 weeks of application submission)
- Founded and/or managed by young leaders (aged approximately 18-35)
- Applications must be submitted in the English language to be reviewed
- Operating in accordance with WHO’s scientific guidance
For details on successfully funded projects click here [Internal note: Redirect to Grant Programmes]
Eligible Countries: All
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The average grant size distributed by the CYLF is $6,000 USD. This aim is to ensure the Fund can support a number of initiatives and impact various, vulnerable communities all around the world. One Young World recommends that you apply for between $2,500 – $10,000 USD. This may change as the fund develops, we will look at each application closely to maximise the Fund’s capabilities.
How to Apply: Apply in link
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.