Africa Innovation and Investment Forum 2020 – COVID-19 Innovation Challenge
The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) and its partners are pleased to invite researchers, firms, public and private development agencies, government leaders, innovators, youths and development partners to showcase their innovations at the first Africa Innovation and Investment Forum 2020 with a focus on COVID-19, from 15-19 June 2020.
Application Deadline: 5th June 2020 17:00 hrs East African Time
About the Award: The Innovation Challenge 2020 of the Forum seeks to identify and showcase some of the top technologies and innovations from across Africa and beyond; explore investment and market needs and; identify business opportunities in the following areas:
- Affordable rapid testing;
- Enhance medical devices and personal protection gear design and fabrication
- Alternative tools for efficient and effective contact tracing and isolation
- Development and production of potential drugs and vaccines in Afric
Eligibility: The Innovation Challenge 2020 is open to all firms, individuals, research centres, innovation hubs, universities and institutes as well as government leaders and agencies and business leaders of all sizes and ages.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Besides the opportunities to meet business and government leaders, the top 20 innovations selected in each of the 5 categories will be profiled on the ECA and partners’ websites at the Tech Market and Exhibition for Entrepreneurs and Investors; and the top 10 in each category will be given the opportunity to convince and get the support of governments, investors and potential partners and collaborators.
Duration of Award: 15-19 June 2020.
How to Apply:
- Click HERE to download the submission template
- Send your submissions to: Mr. Gedion Workneh at: [email protected] and
Mr. Asfaw Yitna, at [email protected]
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.