DAAD In-Country/In-Region Strengthening Advisory Capacities for Land Governance in Africa (SLGA) Scholarship Program 2020
Call for Scholarship Applications 2020/2021 at Institut Agronomique et Vétérinaire Hassan II (IAV Hassan II) MSc in Land Surveying Engineering and Science Engineering Domain.
Master Candidates: 29th February, 2020
PhD Candidates: 9th June, 2020
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be Taken at (Country): Institut Agronomique et Vétérinaire Hassan II (IAV Hassan II) Rabat, Morocco
About the Award: As part of the “In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Program” DAAD in close collaboration with the GIZ assisted program “Strengthening Advisory Capacities for Land Governance in Africa (SLGA)” is able to offer scholarships for postgraduate studies within the Network of Excellence for Land Governance in Africa (NELGA)”. The program is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) within the framework of the special initiative “One World – No Hunger”.
Field(s) of Study: The In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Program supports studies in subject areas with strong relevance to land governance.
The scholarships at IAV are available in the following fields:
- 1 scholarship for MSc in Land Surveying Engineering
- 5 (2 In-Country / 3 In-Region) scholarships for PhD
at the Centre for Doctoral Studies in Science Engineering Domain
Type: Masters, PhD
Eligibility: Applicants should:
- – have successfully completed generally with above average results (upper forth of class):
- at least a three-year university degree within IAV Hassan II for Msc candidates in surveying Engineering
- an Engineering certificate or a Master degree certificate (five-year degree program) for doctoral candidates.
- – clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- – have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- – have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- – must be nationals or permanent resident of an African country
- – should generally be a) staff member of a public university, b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector
Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the program.
Number of Awards: 6
Value of Award: The scholarship covers the following items: 1. Annually Tuition fees, 2. Annually Study and research allowance, 3. One Printing allowance at the end of the program, 4. Monthly Scholarship (Accommodation, Food etc.) 5. In-Region only: Two Travel allowances (beginning/ end of scholarship) 6. Insurance (In-Region only)
Duration of Award: The duration
- – of the Msc. program is generally three years, starting in September 2020,
- – of the PhD program is generally three years, starting in January 2021.
Please note that the maximum duration of the scholarship is based on the time that is left until the scholarship holder has reached the regular period of studies in that program; i.e., if you apply for a DAAD scholarship starting in your second year of studies of a three-year program, the maximum duration of the scholarship will be two years.
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
How to Stop Being Broke - 9 Things to Do
Why Rwanda Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa
14 Things You Need To Know About Wealth across Africa