Invest2Impact Challenge Initiative 2020 for 100 women-led businesses in East Africa
Invest2Impact Initiative is looking for 100 women-led businesses in East Africa to support with a range of access to funding programmes, business support, and multi-national networking. Let’s work together to maximise your potential.
Application Deadline: 20th September 2020
Eligible Countries: East Africa
About the Award: Invest2Impact is an exciting women-focused business competition that could change the future of your business.
- Are you looking for funding to take your business to the next level?
- Do you value networking with business leaders and other entrepreneurs?
- Do you want to explore crowdfunding for a new product or innovation?
- Would you like to attend a major international Expo or Trade Show in your industry, with your expenses paid?
- Would you like to work with business and funding experts to sharpen your strategy and be more competitive?
If you answered “yes” to even one of the questions above, Invest2Impact can benefit you. Invest2Impact will move you closer to your funding goals, provide you with market access, expert business coaching and multi-national networking opportunities.
By entering the competition you could be selected as one of 100 women entrepreneurs to participate in the Invest2Impact funding and business support programme, and win a share of USD85,000 in prizes.
The first step is to enter the competition using the on-line entry form. The form is designed to evaluate what type of funding support is right for you. It also allows you to apply for the other business support. Our panel of business experts will review all entrants and select the 100 Invest2Impact 2019 participants. You will be kept informed of the progress of your entry, and you will be informed of the competition results as soon as they are available.
If you’re selected, we will tell you which funding or business support programme(s) you will be participating in, and give you all the details of your specific programme: timeframes, activities and benefits.
Enter today and you could be selected for one of four Invest2Impact funding access and business support programmes.
- Your business must be based (registered and operating in) one (or more) of the following countries: Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda;
- Your business may operate in a country/countries outside of the above list but must be majority owned (more than 51%) by at least one woman who is a national of one of the countries listed above.
The competition is open to both small and medium-size businesses. The Invest2Impact sponsors and partners are looking for businesses that require funding in the following categories:
- Funding up to USD100,000
- Funding between USD100,000
- Funding between USD3-million
- Funding for more than USD8-million
If you fall into one of the above categories, we invite you to enter the competition to receive funding readiness and access support.
To enter, a business must have been operating for at least three years, and meet ANY TWO of the following three criteria:
- At least 5 employees;
- Revenues of at least USD50,000 per annum;
- Assets of at least USD50,000.
The business must be minimum 51% owned by women national(s) of one or more of the countries listed above;
was founded by women national(s) of one or more of the countries listed above (even if their current ownership is now less than 51%).
Businesses can enter in any industry sector (subject to the exclusions below).
Businesses which support the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are particularly welcome to enter and can score additional points in the entry form.
See https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/sustainable-development-goals/ for more information on the SDGs.
Certain businesses are not permitted to enter.
Click below to see a list of businesses which do not qualify to enter, irrespective of country of operation or extent of women ownership.
Number of Awards: 4
Value of Award: Submit your entry and you will also be in the running
for one of these 4 cash prizes!
Each prize comes with the prestigious Invest2Impact 2019 2Xforchange Trophy to celebrate your achievement.
- WOMEN’S EMPOWERMENT = USD25,000: To recognise real empowerment and participation of women in the boardroom and in the workplace.
- YOUTH EMPLOYMENT OR ENTREPRENEURSHIP = USD20,000: To recognise a business that is empowering young people and inspiring young achievers.
- CLIMATE CHANGE AND THE ENVIRONMENT = USD20,000: To recognise a business that is working to address climate change and promote a green economy.
- LEVERAGING TECHNOLOGY FOR SOCIAL GOOD = USD20,000: To recognise the innovative use of technology to improve lives and support healthy communities.
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Common Scholarship Interview Questions And How to Answer Them
Top 10 Countries With The Highest Salaries For Doctors
How to Create Good Study Habits for Exams – In 10 Proven Ways