Leap Africa iLEAD Fellowship Programme 2019 for Graduate Nigerians
The iLEAD Fellowship Programme is a one-year fellowship for dynamic graduates who have demonstrated a passion for social development and leadership.
Application Deadline: 28th August 2019 11:59pm
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
About the Award: Selected fellows will be equipped with the knowledge, skills and experience to lead change in their communities and contribute to the development sector. Fellows will also be trained on the iLEAD curriculum and supported to cascade the curriculum to secondary school students in assigned public secondary schools for a period of one year.
- is a one-year commitment to nurturing the personal and leadership development of underserved students in public secondary schools in Akwa Ibom state
- involves a variety of experiences that help you gain knowledge, skills and experience to become a change leader in your community and a key contributor to the development sector
- includes two-weeks of intense training in leadership, life, employability and enterprise skills, as well as fundamental skills for an entry-level career in the development sector
- places you in a community of like-minded youth with a shared passion for development
- connects you with seasoned professionals in the development sector who serve as career mentors for 6 months during the programme
- includes a two-week internship with top development organizations in Akwa Ibom state
- is an opportunity to become a part of LEAP Africa’s alumni network.
Eligibility: The iLEAD fellowship is for:
- 2018 Batch B National Youth Service Corp Member.
- Corp members who have been posted to Akwa-Ibom State for the mandatory service year.
- Passionate about social change and looking to pursue a career in the development sector or start a social enterprise/initiative.
- Interested in learning how to become a change leader and positively influence their communities and society.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Leadership and life skills training for personal transformation.
- Programme and stakeholder management skills.
- Mentorship and internship support needed to start a social initiative/ enterprise or take up a career in the development sector.
- Mentoring and facilitation skills to cascade iLEAD curriculum to students in public secondary schools in Akwa-Ibom.
Duration of Program: 1 year
How to Apply: Apply now
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World
5 IMPORTANT WAYS JOBS WILL CHANGE IN THE 4TH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
Top 10 Jobs that’ll Pay You to Travel the World