Call for Applications: UN Trust Fund to End Violence against Women 2019
The UN Trust Fund to End Violence against Women is now accepting applications for its Call for Proposals under the Spotlight Initiative.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2019, 23:59 EST.
Eligible Countries: See below
About the Award: The UN Trust Fund’s Call for Proposals, now open, is for projects to prevent and end violence against women and girls under the Spotlight Initiative in Latin America and Sub-Saharan Africa. This Call for Proposals, which is available in three languages, accepts multi-year grant applications for up to USD 1 million in English, French and Spanish.
This call is open to applicants in the following categories of target countries:
- Latin America: Single Country Project Proposals from Argentina, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Mexico
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Single Country Project Proposals from Cameroon, Chad, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Liberia, Mali, Malawi, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe
- Multi-Country Project Proposals from all other countries in Sub-Saharan Africa: Countries under category 2 are not eligible for multi-country project proposals.
- Women-led and women’s rights organizations that have specialized knowledge, expertise and track record of working on women’s human rights and prevention and/or elimination of violence against women and girls. Applications from women’s rights, women-led, and small women’s organizations will be prioritized, in recognition of them being the driving force of the ending violence against women agenda, as well as being at the forefront of reaching women and girls’ survivors at the grassroots level. Women’s funds are also encouraged to apply to expand the reach of the funding to a broader cross-section of civil society.
- Legal and Operational Status The applicant or one of its implementing partners must be legally registered in the country of project implementation. If the applicant is not registered in the country of project implementation, a locally registered implementing partner must be identified when submitting the application for the call for proposals. Women’s funds are eligible to apply if they submit an application in partnership with one implementing partner registered in the country of project implementation. In the case of multi-country projects, one of the implementing partners will be required to be registered in one of the countries of implementation.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- 3-year grants of US$ 50,000 to US$ 150,000 for small civil society organizations
- 3-year grants of US$ 150,001 to US$ 1 million for all other civil society organizations
How to Apply: Click here to apply
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.