Dare to Change Tanzania 2019 for Young Social Innovators
Digital Opportunity Trust (DOT) Tanzania invites applications from daring young social innovators from all corners of Tanzania for its Dare To Change Tanzania, Innovation Incubator.
Application Deadline: 19th July 2019.
Eligible Countries: Tanzania
To be Taken at (Country): Tanzania
About the Award: Dare to Change Tanzania is a collaborative project that is implemented by DOT Tanzania, and the University of Dar es Salaam Innovation and Entrepreneurship Centre (UDIEC). Dare to Change Tanzania is composed of two main components, “Dare to Change Tanzania – Social Entrepreneurs Incubation” a 4-week intensive training to social entrepreneurs and a “Dare to Change Tanzania – Social Innovation Conference” where social entrepreneurs will pitch their business ideas. Dare to Change Tanzania encourages young graduate, individuals and groups committed in supporting Tanzania’s development initiatives through innovative social business models. Businesses formed during the program have the opportunity to pitch to audiences of several hundred people, with a chance to receive seed capital for their ventures as well.
Eligibility: DOT Tanzania defines “innovation” as a new or significantly improved product, service or business model, or an existing product, service of business model being introduced into a new market. Your product or service should directly relate to one of the following tracks; Health, WASH, Education, Gender, Agriculture. Further requirements and commitments;
- The lead applicant and implementer must be a young person between the ages of 22-30 years.
- Must be an innovative social business, with both impact and profit models
- Business must be in the prototype stage, and demonstrates at least 6 months of idea design consistency
- Selected innovations will be eligible to receive technical assistance and/or result-based seed funding to support their business innovations.
- Willingness to join and be part of a network of global social innovators supported under DOT’s INNOJO platform for post incubation support and mentoring.
- Winner must be ready to comply to our result-based funding approach.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Both training venue and accommodation for innovators outside Dar es Salaam will be provided by our partner, the University of Dar es Salaam Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center, throughout the program
Duration of Award: Duration of program is 4 weeks (5th August through 6th September 2019)
How to Apply: Qualified candidates should apply for this program by filling in the application form found on our page facebook.com/DOT Tanzania and follow all instructions including:
- Full name, residence and year of graduating.
- Your community challenge/problem that you seek to solve through a business model.
- Why you should be selected for this program.
- And, submit a one-page concept note of your innovative business detailing the stage of your key milestones so far.
- Send this to email@example.com with subject line “Dare to Change Tanzania 2019”