German Development Bank (KFW) Masters Scholarships 2019/2020 for East African Students
Call for Applications from Students in the East African Community (EAC) to pursue KFW funded Masters Scholarships
Application Deadline: 1st August 2019, 17:00 hours, East Africa Time
Eligible Countries: East African Communities (EAC)
To be Taken at (Country): EAC Partner State other than their country of citizenship
Field(s) of Study: 1) Mathematics, 2) Engineering, 3) Informatics, 4) Science, 5) Technology and 6) Business Science.
About the Award: Applications are invited for the above named scholarship programme supported by the German Development Bank (KFW) in collaboration with the East African Community (EAC) and implemented by the Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA). The goal of this initiative is to contribute towards training leaders that will foster EAC regional integration.
Applicants are expected to study in countries other than their own in selected universities and programmes. Successful applicants will be offered a comprehensive package including scholarships for the masters programmes, internships, mentoring, networking events and further leadership training activities. The scholarship will support masters students in Mathematics, Engineering, Informatics, Science, Technology and Business Science programmes. IUCEA hereby invites applications from students who are citizens of the East African Community (EAC) Partner States to apply for the KFW funded Masters Scholarships.
Selection Criteria: The following criteria is mandatory. Students should:
- Be citizens of a partner state of the East African Community;
- Possess the required academic qualifications for admission to the programme
- Submit a well written motivation letter in English elaborating on the following:
- Motivation for wanting to pursue a the Masters Programme chosen in section 2 above
- Foreseen professional engagement in EAC Integration agenda after completing the Masters
- Expect application of the acquired skills and knowledge from the Masters Programme to contribute the EAC Integration Agenda
- Personal professional and academic vision in the next 5 to 10 years
Note: Please note that all the above should be covered in one letter of not more than 500 words
- Be below 35 years of age
- Have applied to study in an EAC Partner State other than their country of citizenship
Number of Awards: The financial cooperation arrangement shall finance the first three cohorts of approximately 157 masters students over their full study time of 2 years. After the first cohort has completed the studies, an independent evaluation of the level of attainment of the objectives of the project will be carried out, with the desirable impact being assessed.
Value of Award: Masters students shall be given a fixed amount of money to cover living as well as costs for teaching and research materials. The students shall be required to apply to study in an EAC Partner State other than their own.
Duration of Award: 2 years
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Studying in Canada vs USA Which is better Study Abroad Comparison
7 Things You Didn’t Know About the Richest Black Man in the World
7 Books Oprah Winfrey Thinks Everyone Should Read