Nasser Leadership Fellowship 2019 for Young Leaders from African Union Member States
The Egyptian Ministry of Youth and Sports (Central Administration of the Parliament and Civic Education – African Youth Bureau) announces the “Nasser Fellowship for African Leadership” during the period from June 8 to 22, in Cairo.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Eligible Countries: African Union Member countries (excluding Egypt)
To be taken at (country): Civil Education Center, Zamalek, Cairo in Egypt.
About the Award: Nasser Fellowship is the first (African-African) fellowship to target young African executive leaders with diverse operational disciplines within their communities, as well as one of the critical mechanisms of empowerment of the African transformational leadership endorsed by the African Union’s Agenda (in text) in order to stimulate and promote African values through self-reliance, solidarity, hard work, collective prosperity, building on the African successes, experiences and best practices for the formulation of the African model of transformation and development. The Fellowship is also one of the mechanisms of “harnessing the demographic dividend through investment in youth” in conjunction with the assumption by Egypt of the presidency of the African Union in 2019.
Based on the results of the second African Youth Forum, held in Addis Ababa, capital of Ethiopia, from 24 to 26 April 2019, to invest in African youth, the Nasser Fellowship is one of the mechanisms to implement the Million by 2021 initiative, launched to empower and develop young people in Africa by building the capacities of one million young Africans in the areas of education, employment, entrepreneurship and participation by 2021, same objective that the Nasser Fellowship strives to achieve in the educational sector.
Egypt seeks, within the framework of its chairmanship of the African Union in 2019, to play its mandated role in enhancing the role of African youth through providing them with all forms of support, rehabilitation and training, as well as empowering them to occupy leadership positions and benefiting from their abilities and ideas, which was endorsed and directed by President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi during the activities of the World Youth Forum, which was held from 3 to 6 November 2018 and witnessed an honorable representation of young representatives of all African countries.
frican Union, and which is committed to serving the objectives of African unity through integration in a changing world.
Eligibility: The Fellowship targets 100 young African executive leaders:
- – (50% males, 50% females)
- – (Decision-makers in the Government Sector, Executive Leaders in the Private Sector – Civil Society Activists – Heads of National Councils for Youth – Faculty members at Universities – Researchers in Strategic Research Centers – Members of Trade Unions – Journalists and Media Professionals … etc).
Selection Criteria: The selection criteria of participants:
- The applicant must be a non-Egyptian African and non-resident in Egypt.
- Passport valid for 6 months after the end of the Fellowship.
- English speaking proficiency (Speaking, Reading and Writing).
- The applicant must have experience in field work.
- The applicant must be between the ages of 20 and 35.
- The applicant shall have the nationality of an African Union country or African Diaspora.
- If you get chosen, an appointment will be set for an interview (via Skype).
- An email will be sent if you get accepted.
Number of Awards: 100
Value of Award:
- 1- The Ministry of Youth and Sports shall bear accommodation/subsistence costs of the delegations.
- 2- The Ministry of Youth and Sports shall bear the costs of the tourism program.
- 3- The Ministry of Youth and Sports shall bear the costs of internal transfers.
- 4- The participant shall bear the cost of the international round-trip ticket.
Duration of Award: Two weeks (from 8 to 22 June 2019).
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
5 Signs You Are Living Above Your Means
10 Warning Signs You Need to Change Career
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat