ACT/DALRO/Nedbank Scholarships in Performing Arts 2019 for Undergraduate South African Students
The Arts and Culture Trust (ACT), the Dramatic, Artistic and Literary Rights Organisation (DALRO) and Nedbank are proud to announce the opening of applications for the 2018 ACT | DALRO | Nedbank Scholarships Programme.
Application Deadline: 20th May 2019
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To Be Taken At (Country): South Africa
About the Award: Funded by Nedbank and the Dramatic Arts and Literary Rights Organisation (DALRO) and supported by The Market Theatre, the ACT | DALRO | Nedbank Scholarships Programme strives to nurture young talent and provide tertiary education opportunities to young people who have their sights set on pursuing performing arts training in 2020.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the ACT | DALRO | Nedbank Scholarships:
- Scholarship applications are open to young people intending on studying towards a performing arts degree.
- Applicants may audition in the categories of singing, dance, acting and musical theatre and are open to learners currently in grade 12 and individuals under the age of 30 who have successfully completed grade 12 and are not currently registered for study towards an undergraduate degree.
Selection: Countrywide auditions for the 2019 ACT | DALRO | Nedbank Performing Arts Scholarships will be held from Monday, 17 June – Friday 05 July, 2019. Three finalists in each category will be invited to Johannesburg for one week’s tutelage from coaches and industry professionals in the various auditioned disciplines. This will then culminate in a final showcase after which an independent panel of judges will award a winner in each category.
The panel, made up of industry professionals, will award the scholarship based on the evening’s performance as well as interviews conducted earlier in the day.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Successful candidates will be funded through their undergraduate education.
How to Apply:
- Click here for the 2019 ACT | DALRO | Nedbank Performing Arts Scholarships registration form.
- Once registered online, 2019 ACT | DALRO | Nedbank Performing Art Scholarships hopefuls will be required to perform two pieces of their choice, within their chosen category, at an allocated audition.
- Musical theatre applicants are encouraged to perform two pieces that showcase their competency as a triple-threat performer, ie competent singer, dancer and actor.